Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i know when my contender is sighted in? when it shoots well from the rest or when it shoots well from offhand? when i rest it, it shoots way higher and i understand that its because of pressure but cmon, what if i am hunting and have a couple opportunities but one needs a rest and one does not?

will the o-ring trick help this?

also, i am buying a 10" .223 barrel soon...i think the 14" would be best but just how much am i losing with the 10"?? considering that i will be shooting no more than 1oo yards or so i would think it wouldnt matter, except for the muzzle blast lol.

-Matt

· Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so once i sight in off a rest, i can move to offhand and expect the same point of impact?

i would like to think so but in my 20-minute session to zero the 17hmr barrel i have, it seemed that the rested shots went high. i WAS resting it on my fist, on top of my truck bed, so perhaps it was just that my hand wasnt exactly the best rest.

-Matt

· Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess it was just my hand as a rest is not good. and plus i think my 15 minute shooting session of ten shots or so wasnt enough to get used to the gun or the scope.

i will try again soon but this time at the range and let oyu guys know what i find. i really love my T/Cs :)

-Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.