Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever yous the lee factory crimp dies just got one in 45 colt
any tips ?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Simple to use. I crimp all my hunting loads. Clean the dies to make certain that the fingers all move. You don't have to crimp too hard.

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
Just follow the instructions, you can't go wrong. I think they are great. :D

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
There's sure a lot of conflicting information hereabouts concerning Lee crimp dies. In one forum they're just great and in another forum they're pure junk. I guess I'll have to wait until mine arrive and find out for myself.

·
Registered
660 Posts
On bottleneck cases some shoot better with the crimp some don't, just have to try it with the load. Don't think I've ever had it make a load group worse, it's either better or the same.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I`ve used them and they work. I just don`t like the way they do it and the line they leave in the case neck. I personally like the old way of crimping in my bullets, and the old way feeds alittle better too. Actually I don`t like anything Lee make. Over the year since I started reloading, in 1965, I`ve had alot of Lee junk and it all way. Sooner or later it would let me down big time, and some of it I though was doing a good job for a while.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I use one for 45 ACP and have yet to have a problem. Works great.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have the 38 Special/357 Magnum, 44 Special/44 Magnum/ 445SM, 30-30 Winchester and the 7-30 Waters. They all perform very well and apply a very nice uniform crimp. The dies actually will crimp case mouths right into to the bullet cannelure if they are set properly. Good-luck…BCB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts