Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell if an Encore barrel came from TC Custom Shop? The reason i ask is because my son Cavscout822 traded for a 300H&H mag barrel that was posted as an custom shop barrel on page 5 in the classifieds decided he did not want it traded it as a custom shop barrel guy that got it says it is not a custom shop barrel.Cavscout822 is deployed and i am the middle man.Need some answers so we can make things right with the new owner of the 300 barrel..Just dont want my son to get a bad rep.
Thanks
Preacherman

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I've had 2 custom shop rifle barrels; both were marked Custom Shop on the barrel. My custom shop handgun barrel, however, is not marked Custom Shop. You could call T/C and find out if Custom Shop barrels are always marked the same way.

For what it's worth; I don't think Custom Shop barrels are made to higher quality standards than the regular barrels it's just that you can get them in custom lengths, contours and chamberings. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 300 H&H Magnum has ever been a standard T/C chambering and therefore, if that's true, a 300 H&H Magnum barrel would be a Custom Shop barrel.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Preacherman said:
How do you tell if an Encore barrel came from TC Custom Shop? The reason i ask is because my son Cavscout822 traded for a 300H&H mag barrel that was posted as an custom shop barrel on page 5 in the classifieds decided he did not want it traded it as a custom shop barrel guy that got it says it is not a custom shop barrel.Cavscout822 is deployed and i am the middle man.Need some answers so we can make things right with the new owner of the 300 barrel..Just dont want my son to get a bad rep.
Thanks
Preacherman
I took a look at the trade link below.
http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,184595.msg1098905953/topicseen.html#msg1098905953

I feel the person received a great deal on a non-standard chambering if that’s the trade, but I have seen these barrels offered in a special production.  I don’t think they came from the custom shop, but just a short run.

yooper77

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Curious....does the buyer think he got a bad deal ? If in fact he got that barrel as described he has nothing to bxtch about for that price. I don't think that a .300 H&H was ever a standard chambering from TC.

How does the buyer want to resolve....money back ?......doesn't want barrel ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts