Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found out yesterday i need a right hip replacement. Scheduled for mid july. Already have a left hip replacement and a right ankle replacement. one more and i should be able to hook up to a computer and jump over buildings!!! Im hoping the pain radiating down my leg and up into my back is being caused by the hip too. If not im probably looking at back surgery #6. At least hips are no big deal. Go home the same day.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Hope it helps and gives you relief.

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been living with pain in some verity every day since 74. Just same **** different day

·
Premium Member
16,568 Posts
I know that tune well Lloyd. Here is hope that it will bring you relief. Im six weeks out of my second surgery on same knee. The other day was a cortisone shot to relieve more pain. So far second surgery has begun to help relieve the "old pain" but brought along "replacement pain" just fo good measure.

Prayers for the doctors hands and your relief my Friend.
CW

·
Registered
49 Posts
I lost my mother-in-law last year at the age of 99, she lived with all types of aches and pains. She used to say, and I quote her exactly; "growing old ain't for pu**ies".

She really was a lady, but said what she thought.

·
Super Moderator
11,103 Posts
My wife, a Classical Concert Pianist, introduced me to "alternative medicine" through her chiropractor. She needs him to keep her wrists, hands, shoulders, back, and hips in line. Sitting in a "perfect posture" position for hours after life-long practice on a hard bench with arms held horizontal while the fingers manipulate the percussive keys is a recipe for super-strong shoulders and misalignment of joints.

Leg pain can be vertebrae or hips misalignment. I had back pain from hip misalignment in "favoring" a bone on bone knee joint (no meniscus) causing me to walk with a tip toe limp. After the chiropractor positioned me on the couch he literally "jumped on" my hip to force fix it. I was plenty sore for the next 24-hours. Afterward, I still had no meniscus in the knee, still have arthritis, but I no longer had a limp and the back pain was gone. Misalignment can cause a world of hurt.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Yes it **** at getting old go in for a left hip replacement next Monday. Also have had 3 back surgeries also and the other hip will need replaced later on.

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it **** at getting old go in for a left hip replacement next Monday. Also have had 3 back surgeries also and the other hip will need replaced later on.
your catching up!! after this one ill have two hips and one ankle replaced and 5 back surgerys.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If it’s O.K. With you guys? I don’t want to catch up...

Reactions: deadeer

·
Registered
544 Posts
+2 on the chiropractor! Has straightened me up countless times over the years, including yesterday!

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry wont let any non doctor grind my worn out bones around to give me temporay relief. I used to go to one back when i first had sore backs. Nothing they did stuck and when the pain got to REAL levels and I tried them i came out worse then when i went in. To me its about like smoking pot or accupuncture to releave pain. If you want to smoke it admit it. But if its relieving your pain you have no clue what real pain is. To me there both right up there with suckers who buy that pain relief factor bs. Might give relief to people whos problms are in there head. dont worry. Your body will tell you when you NEED surgery. WHen you pain level is bad enough you dont want to move or have ANYONE touch you let alone twist you up in circle. If some quack chironpractor JUMPED on my hip right here right now id introduce him to a glock!! Lots of people have never had real pain and dont understand the differnce between it and being sore. I chuckled at my wife a while back She twisted her ankle and i took her to the emergency room and they asked her pain level and she said 10!! I laughed and said if your pain level is over 8 your about hyperventalting and at 10 you cant even talk. But some people just dont have any tolarance for pain. Like my wife they drop advil if there pinky is sore. believe me i dont relish the idea of another surgery. If advil relief factor or a chiropractor could stop my pain for more then a few hours id be all over it. POT? Not so much. Even if it did relieve pain id be 300lbs in a matter of months and in worse shape.

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not looking for your sympathy. Only reason i posted it is to help keep this forum alive that is dying a slow death.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah good luck on your pain. No fun.

Mine comes from 13 years of abuse in hardcore demolition derby. 30 years of turning wrenches and hard labor on concrete, and working firewood. Let's add kidney stones, now arthritis, inflammation, and mersa is adding fun to the party.

As for the chiropractor... He cant fix something that's already beyond fixing by putting things back in their place. The idea is just to keep things in alignment before stuff wears out. If he keeps me out of surgery for years on end for $32 a crack, I am going for it!

Let's hope we all can have a good quality of life!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts

Mine comes from 13 years of abuse in hardcore demolition derby. 30 years of turning wrenches and hard labor on concrete, and working firewood. Let's add kidney stones, now arthritis, inflammation, and mersa is adding fun to the party.

As for the chiropractor... He cant fix something that's already beyond fixing by putting things back in their place. The idea is just to keep things in alignment before stuff wears out. If he keeps me out of surgery for years on end for $32 a crack, I am going for it!

Had the hip replacement Monday, only spent overnight in the hospital. Lloyd was right the hip not as bad as the back surgery. Using a walker and doing the exercises they gave me to,sure helps with the pain and stiffness

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i spent a night after the left hip too but this one there doing differnet and will do a pain block thats suppose to last two days and i will be in an out in 4hours and back in time for supper.

·
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

doctor put it to me like this once. If you rod bearings in your car were wore out would you pull the caps off and rub them into the crank journals over and over or would you replace the bearings. One causes more wear one replaces whats wrong. Its like putting a truncate on leg with a cut artery. It will get you by but youd best see a real doctor soon. My buddy and i got a good laugh one day. He is in MUCH worse shape them me. He broke his neck 20 years ago and suffers terribly and theres not much other then pain meds they can do for him anymore. He said he went to a chiropracter and brought his xrays into him to look at. The chiropractor told him if i do to you what i do to my other patients i will paralize you!! But you want him to do the same to you??

I know people that get relief from it but there pretty much addicted to it and have to go in weekly and there pain gets worse over the years. Is it because of all that pulling jerking and grinding? I dont know. Maybe theyd get worse anyway. Bottom line is the best way to midigate chronic pain is to build muscle in the areas you have problems. Yup it can be painful and lots dont want to go through it but without it i wouldnt be walking today. Id much rather be sore from some exercise then from a quack grinding my bones together. If you suffer from a little bit of back pain or hip pain and your bones are in good shape maybe you can get a bit of relief from a chiropractor or a massage therapist but when your bones are wore out there wore out. Twisting and grinding them isnt going to fix the problem. Its basicaly a bandaid for people afraid to get surgery. Me? Been there and done that so many times that the only think i worry about is fact i cant take a crap for a week afterward.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
They tried the pain block on me but couldn't get it to work,so had to go with general anesthesia. Went for a drive yesterday in the pickup and walked over a block. Off the oxycordone, taking acetaminophen only,so doing pretty well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts