Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new CVA Accura V2 & Nikon Inline Xr scope from BPS which matched Cabela's price and saved me $50. I mounted the scope and sighted in the scope by looking through the barrel with the breech plug removed and the rifle secured in a stand with a target set up in the front yard. After the scope was adjusted to the bore sight on the target my son & I took it out to the woods and shot the new rifle. I was really impressed with the first shot at 35 yards which was perfect left/right but low about 10". I moved the scope setting up 20 clicks and moved the target out to 78 yards and again low about 6". 14 more up clicks and I hit 3/4" from the exact center of the target. I could not believe how accurate these BP rifles are and now my son wants one also. Easy to clean and I am ready for the BP deer season to start. I really would recommend the CVA Accura V2 to anyone that is looking for an accurate and easy to maintain BP rifle.

Note on how I adjusted the scope to be inline with the rifle. With the rifle in a stand and strapped down I put a level across the bottom half of the scope ring basses with the top half of the ring off. With the rifle leveled I then installed the scope and used the top of the vertical turret to level the scope while adjusting for eye relief at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Glad you are liking the Acura...............I don't do the blackpowder thing anymore, since LWF said we can use any 35 cal or larger exposed hammer rifle. I did have a Handi a long time ago that I tricked out with a special breech plug that used 25acp brass for ignition. If I was going your way I would love the Acura.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.