Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed it to pretty much 2 inlines. The CVA Optima Mag. and the H&R Sidekick. Both use about the same action but that's where the reselemblence stops. I like the CVA's breech plug better(I can use a socket to remove it.) and the stock feels better. But, I had an early Huntsman years ago and liked it pretty well too. Does anyone out there have both and if so which do you like better. In Frith.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mu cuz and I both have cva optimas far as we're corncernd they shoot where we point em they kill deer.............that is all

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get the Optima!

Shoots like a dream! The one I used had absolutly NO-NADA-ZIP BlowBack at the breech with 209 primers :shock: :eek: 8)

And this is common to allmost all Optima's!

No primer carriers, and a cinch to clean.

A 100grains of FFFg APP pushing a 295grn PowerBelt HP and Presto! You're done!

And so is any deer that gets tagged by this combo :grin: :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also thinking about the CVA Bobcat. Since this'll be my grandsons first ML I'd like it to be a bit more "Tradational" if ya' know what I mean. Plus, it'd be a bit cheaper just in case he doesn't like it all that much. I, personally, wouldn't mind pickin' up an Optima for a second ML. I really love my A&H flint Mt.Rifle and wouldn't trade it for any other ML, especially an inline but I'd still like an inline to "play" with. Talk to ya'll later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts