Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was poking around the internet and see where the CZ American 452 is available in both .22lr and .17 HMR. Pretty nice looking setup for around 4 bills. Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks,

Smoky

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a 452 American in .22. It is very accurate and has beautiful wood, some of the best money I have ever spent.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. How much more range do you think I would gain with the .17 HMR vs the .22? Also, do you know if its available in LH in the fancy grade of wood?

Smoky

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
:D Hi Smoky
Here is a 100yd group with my CZ 452. I don't remember if I was sitting on the ground or lying prone with a gusty winter cross wind. But I'm sure the .17HMR will out shoot it. I'm not the best shot, so this is pretty good for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't have much experience with the .17 so I can't comment on its performance compared to a .22.

As far as the wood, I wasn't aware CZ offered different grades. I had been looking for a lefty .22 that would actually throw a group and stumbled across mine in a little hole in the wall gun shop.

Either way the wood is nicer than that on my Remington 700

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

FourBee, that is some good shootin with a .22 at 100 yards.

Bubber, nice looking gun. I did see a right handed model on a web site that had extra fancy wood for about $100 more, but I bet its not available in LH.

Regardless, I really like the looks of these. Just need to decide on a caliber and see what "Santa" has to say on the subject.

Thanks,

Smoky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts