Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, they don't make one but I wanted one so I made it myself.

Someone is going to ask why not just get the Scout model. I could have but I would have needed to get a new full size stock ~$140, plus a magazine ~$30, plus shipping adds up to ~$185...no thanks!

The Trainer costs ~$20 more than the Scout but it already has the adult size stock, a magazine plus it comes with a serious rear sight. My eyes can't see as far as it's calibrated to but it's still a kick-a$ rear sight.

I used a new front sight, http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=557370&chrSuperSKU=&MC=
I could have reused the front sight that came with the rifle but I'd have to turn the the muzzle end on a lathe to fit it and that would have been far too labor intensive. This replacement sight slips on and locks in place with a set screw. After I adjust it I will solder it in place or use some other permanent method.

I don't have a picture editor yet and pis are big so I have to post one at a time.

Smittty

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last pic...

The barrel is now 18" and the overall length of the rifle is 37". My intention was to cut it down to 16" and I still might do that but I want to see how this shoots. I'm pleased with how it feels now and if it shoots well, I'll probaby just leave it this length.

It took about 1/2 hours to cut, finish the muzzle and install the sight. I have not done anything special with the muzzle but I've done this before with very good results. If this one doesn't shoot well I'll recrown the muzzle.

Enjoy,
Smitty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts