Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter Abigail and I were in the stand Saturday afternoon. We had been using the grunt call from time to time and right before dark Abigail said she was gonna blow the grunt call one more time. A few seconds later a buck comes up out of the creek bottom and is standing broadside at about 40 yards. I'm looking at him through the binoculars and tell Abigail "get on him and shoot". I hear the hammer come back on her .357 and then the crack of the shot. He takes off and runs into the creek bottom.Then we hear a loud crash. We got down and went to look for blood. There was blood at the sight of the shot but it played out after a few yards. We went to where he entered the woods and found some more and then followed it. We went a few yards and the dirt was all churned up and there was blood splatter on the palmettos. Abigail, said "look around with the flashlight", I did and there he was. He's a gnarly looking 7 pointer with a blade point on one side with a hole in the bottom of one beam, dark with good mass. At least 4.5 years old. Approx. 180 lbs. Abigail was excited enough to light up a Christmas tree.

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Nice! ;D Tell her congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Nice!.....Way to go Abigail!

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
Abigail's Buck.

Sounds like the makings of a nice editorial!!!

I love these stories!!

I have written a couple for a local outdoor paper and they usually get published. Maybe you should try!!

Thank you so much for sharing! I truly do love these stories!!!

Cw

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
Beautimous! Congrats to her. ;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
That is how you should spend time with your kids. You make memories that last forever. Congrats! to you and your daughter.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Congrats to your daughter for the buck and kudos for you takin your kid hunting! That's what its all about! Love that rifle too, btw!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
petemi said:
Congratulations to both of you.

Hey Abigail, how about coming up to cold Yankee land for the 15th of November and do my grunt calling for me ::) ;D ::)

Pete

After she calls in one for you she can stop by my place on the 19th and call one in for me. ;)
Nice shootin' Abby. ;D

Spanky

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Fantastic! I love stories like this.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I'll be showing my daughter this. Maybe she'll want something different for her birthday. Like one of my Handis to go with her air guns. And stop thinking so negatively about going out in the woods.

Be well both of you...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.