Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got paid today.
I "reckon" I'll get my BC out of layaway Friday morning. I work swing shift. I can sneak it past "Imperial Red-Headed Scorpio" while she's asleep.

Don't have any components yet. In the meantime I'll use the Remington green box wimpy ammo. I have an order going in to Midway in a week or two. I'll be getting some of the Remington 405 bulk bullets as well as a Timney trigger for my M1917 Enfield and a quick and dirty recoil pad for the BC.

I think H335 should work as a good starter powder.

As soon as the folks at H&R come back from summer vacation I'll be ordering a second barrel for BP only. I may ream it out to one of the big nasty buffler rounds. Nothing like lobbing a round the size of a VW at some poor unsupecting woodland creature.

Finally a question . For those of you that have a scope on your BC(burn me at the stake later for asking), are you using a scope with long eye relief to avoid bashing yourself in the eye?

Thanks
ZM

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kufford said:
I just picked up my BC. Pretty much forcing myself to start reloading. It's a sick sick hobby
I fell down the slippery slope a long time ago.

I reload for:
300 Savage
30-06
303 British
7.92x57
45ACP

And now 45-70

The dies for 7.62 x 54R will be in the aforementioned Midway order. Gotta get a progressive press. All these rifles are getting to be too much to keep up with.

Reloading never saved me a dime. I just used the money I "saved" to get more reloading stuff and more guns.

ZM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.