2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/burntmuch/DSCF0023-1.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/burntmuch/DSCF0021.jpg

NEF 20 guage USH $300

Hornady SST slugs $40

Waist waders $60

Watching em drop like a rock PRICELESS

I found a spot that was home to a couple nice bucks. Problem is its an island. Surounded by water. Ive been hunting it this year, been seeing lots of bucks. This morning about 9am this guy comes thru with a couple does. 50yrds or so. He got down wind of me before he gave me a descent shot. Turned to leave. Hornady SST dropped him Like a sack a tators. Its a 8 pt. Should be a 9 but one of his tines is busted. .

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Nice deer!

You guys are killing me.
I didn't see anything bigger than my lab in muzzle loader.
Gun starts saturday and I can't sleep already.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Nice buck but ya gotta get them pictures before ya stuffem in the back of the truck. Kurt

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Burntmuch,

Congrats on your latest trophy! I agree with you that somethings in life are PRICELESS!

Take Care!

Froghunter

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phatinjun. I know, I was 1/2mile back & by myself.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
congratulations!!! great story, great shot, great deer. I can hardly wait until I leave a little over 24 hours from now....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations. ;)

The season here opens the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I've already begun packing the gear. :D

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Good job on a nice deer. ;D

I have been carrying my new 20ga USH here in Georgia lately to practice for my upcoming trip to Southern Ohio. yesterday morning I had a beautiful eight point with a chocolate colored rack come by at 50 yards. You would have thought I had been hunting 30 minutes instead of 30 years because I jerked the trigger and missed clean. I was also using the SSTs and wanted to know how it would do on a deer. You answered that part for me.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Nice deer...hope I get to see one like that when our season opens!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good shooting, good photos, nice buck! Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Good lookin' buck. Our early shotgun season just ended. The only luck I had was finally catching a trespasser standing over a dead doe. Scared the heck out of him and let him go, this time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts