Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everybody, someone let me know whats the best degreaser to get the lube off the bullets, and the brass, after I have lubed them. Yes I already did the dishliquid thing, and there is still a greasy feel on the cases. Not as greasy but still its there.
bullet maker

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
bullet maker -

THE heavy duty detergent is the type that is used for dishwashers. A little goes a long way. Generally heavy in phosphates. For another approach, ****-and-span has always done well too.

When I degrease parts kits that are loaded with cosmoline, I generally start by pouring boiling water over the stuff to melt the cosmoline off.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks Cat Whisperer. :D
bullet maker

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
**** and span

Hey catwhisperer :D
Boy did that **** and span do the job. The best degreaser ever. I did acouple of hundered of 444 cases, and they came out **** and span :-D clean. No filmy grease on them at all. Thanks for the suggestion.
bullet maker :D

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
bullet maker - thanks for the feedback, glad it worked for y'all. I learned of it in the mid 50's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Automatic dishwasher soap

:-D Greetings from the Great White North:

I have a friend who swears by the powdered soap you use in an automatic dishwasher. He boils the water in a kettle. Puts the water in the sink. Adds a couple of heaping table spoons of soap and swishes the cases around. He rinses them off and leaves them to dry. No streaks, no marks.

If all else fails, try using a can of break degreaser. If it's good enough to get the gunk off the breaks of your car, it'll get the gunk off your bullets and brass.

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Carpediem :D
Thanks for another alternative. A guy can`t have to many recipe`s.
bullet maker :eek:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hello guys and gales, :D

That **** and Span is some good stuff, but I find the smell is too strong for me. I found “Castrol Super Clean ‘Tough Task Cleaner*Degreaser’” this stuff works as well as **** and Span without the strong smell. I think I got it at Smart & Final.

Donna :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts