Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the last Presidential election the Liberals & Democrats made it very clear..

In order to even THINK of running for the office of chief executive of this nation...any candidate MUST be a military veteran !

Reserves, National Guard, non-combat or rear eschelon veteran is simply not good enough !

No ! By golly..any presidential candidate MUST be a COMBAT veteran..nothing else will do...

So...Here's you chance Democrats and Liberals....

Tell the world...Of all the present candidates, only John McCain and Duncan Hunter should be considered eligible !

Time to put your money where your mouth was...

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
That was then, this is now. Dumbycrats have zero convictions and even if they did, it would only be good until their next breath.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
IG remember this is the do whatever feels good crowd. I would bet alot of the Demoncrat elite spit on soldiers in the Viet Nam era. They are a discusting do anything to get into power group that makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
John McCain? You gotta be kidding me, he wouldn't make a pimple on a Presidents butt. Based on many of his perceptions of illegal immigration, and world terrorism he is not much better than Hillary. Sorry, but there has to be a better choice, even if they have not served in the military.

Ain't a lot of choices out there that really attract my attention, but I can spell "Ron Paul." A long shot at best, but perhaps the best medicine for this ailing nation.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Rockbilly..I was only turning the Dem/Libs 2004 arguments back to them.
You do recall I assume, how the Dem/Libs when they were touting John Kerry as
the greatest candidate since George Washington, practically called it MANDATORY that
any viable candidate must absolutely be a "combat veteran"..veteran or National Guard
service were simply not enough!
This, from a [party that fully supported a guy in the 90s that not only dodged the draft,
but bragged on it and claimed he "loathed" the military...

Whadda Parrrty....????????

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Let's see Al Gore is a combat veteran isn't he? And he already won the election once......right? So let's just see what the DNC does next?

...TM7

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Let's see Al Gore is a combat veteran isn't he? And he already won the election once......right? So let's just see what the DNC does next?

...TM7

Report to moderator Logged

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. Al Gore a combat veteran? Wasn't he a typewriter jockey during Nam? Won the election once? Only in the minds of the wacko left. But, I must say, I would not be surprised if the DNC were to retread him.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yup, Remington (Typewriter) raider. In country a whole 4 weeks with body guards galore. Also, he was there as an enlisted man. Curious, why wouldn't he have been an officer? Have to be a college grad to be an officer.......Hmmmnnn

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
I don't know much about Big Al's military career, time VN, or his m.o.
But I do believe he did win the 'popular' vote in 2000. The Florida recount and legal debacle was the first coup.
Anyway, them Dems might just to roll him out once the Repubs dirt machine (the best covert dirt machine in the world) gets rolling on Hillary.

...TM7

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Since Presidents of the United States are not elected by popular vote, Algore has never been elected to that position. I think you know that TM, so claiming that Algore was already elected once doesn't go very far in lending any credibillity to whatever your point is.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And it was Algore that went to court, trying to disallow military absentee votes..have we forgotten that ?

Yes, the popular vote doesn't get it..and thank God it doesn't !

If that were the case..and if we were not part of the left coast, or it's counterpart..Kremlin East and a few large cities between,

we may as well stay home on election day !

Our founding fathers were a good deal wiser than today's liberals...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well TM7, I'm not a real big Bush fan to be honest, but as far as people still thinking Bush taking Florida was some kind of coup, I have to be honest and say I watched several of the re-counts on TV, Bush won all those, and every time he won a recount, they would want to count again, with slightly different rules...he won those counts also....I'm just being honest as I can here regardless of how I feel about certain people. I'm not really attached to either of the major political parties, neither of them deserve my loyalty.
I think that election is long gone though, hopefully, the media learned a lesson on calling the winner ahead of time (who they want to win that is)...but I doubt it, they don't appear to be learning much about news reporting. Florida was a mess for sure that year, seems to most of it all started when a set of judges did not like how another lower judge ruled. That seems to me to be politics right there, going on inside the judicial system. Then you have the head honcho of the high court in Florida come out and tell the news people. "what we did won't hold up constitutionally" , he was right, I guess it did not. Sheesh, we all knew there was politics going on in the juridical system already. So there ya have it...it's all just politics, and sometimes the actual facts, and how you feel about someone, or a certain party tend to blind people. I like my way these days...I don't think either party is worth a hoot, and I just sit back and look at the people running for president and say...is that all we got? Out a several million people in the United States of America....is that it???? Is this my choice???? Same this year as it was back in the big Florida debacle. I have some one not so good to vote for, which is better than someone real bad, which is better than an all out disaster....some choice.

Absolutely unbelievable.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
IG and Magooch,,,I'm well aware that we elect on basis of electoral college votes and glad of it. All I'm saying Big Al and the inner cadre of the DNC think that Al winning the popular vote is wholely significant and that he actually won the Florida majority. I don't know about the validity of the whole legalistic show after the election proper, except that the market collapsed while we watched the shadow show unfold. Meanwhile, I'd say we're due for a whole new technique and process of carrying on these elections.

..TM7

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
ironglow said:
And it was Algore that went to court, trying to disallow military absentee votes..have we forgotten that ?

Yes he did, and since them GW, has IGNORED the voice of the PEOPLE in regards to OPEN BORDERS, ILLEGAL ALIENS, THE PATRIOT ACT and on and on. "Algore" as you guys like to call him, tried to silence the voters. GW, on the other hand just chooses to IGNORE THEM. He was elected to SERVE THE "WILL OF THE PEOPLE", and he refuses. It would seem to me that Mr. Gore's issue has long since PASSED AWAY, while Mr. Bush's CONTINUES TO MANIFEST ITSELF IN THE "NEGATIVE " SENSE, as the illegals continue to POUR IN. But ****, he's a CONSERVATIVE ::). [/color]

Yes, the popular vote doesn't get it..and thank God it doesn't !

Here I would wholeheartedly agree. But neither do the REPUBLICANS backing GW on the above mentioned issues, which are the CRUX of many of our problems TODAY. Rehashing an 8 year old election does NOTHING to solve TODAY'S problems.[/color]

If that were the case..and if we were not part of the left coast, or it's counterpart..Kremlin East and a few large cities between,

we may as well stay home on election day !

****, we may as well have stayed home in the last election. GW CONTINUES to ignore the PEOPLE on the above mentioned issues.[/color]

Our founding fathers were a good deal wiser than today's liberals...

Our founding fathers were a good deal wiser than these knuckleheads you guys call CONSERVATIVES. What PAST PRESIDENTS, have done concerning open borders, illegal immigration, and documents such as the Patriot Act, don't amount to a "hill of beans" since 911. GW wants to SECURE THE BORDERS OF IRAQ ::) "for security purposes", and IGNORES HIS OWN COUNTRIES BORDERS. ::)

Hitlary, Dumbycrats, Algore. How cute. How about Ostrichicans?[/color]

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Good points Dee,,,,I actually can't see how Bush's coterie and the neocon wing of the RNC is remotely 'conservative' in most issues in spite of popular opinion and media...seems more radical to me.

Jimster....that's about the size of it. But don't give up and speak up otherwise things could get worse and they will continue to have their way with us and out dollars paying for their adventurers.

..TM7

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree that GW is far from ideal..

But look what we have to look forward to unless we all quit quibbling and start pulling together...

Hillary, Billery and Slik Willie all understand "divide and conquer" !

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
ironglow, it is not a matter of quibbling. It is a matter of recognizing that the whole damn bunch INCLUDING GW, are a bunch of crooks. Some people seem to think they are MORE PATRIOTIC (not necessarily refering to you) by backing a president right or wrong, and everyone else is a sniviling coward. When one steps into a situation that turns out to be a mistake, it is NOT cowardly to back out of it, it is SMART to do so.
I would agree that Ron Paul is a long shot at best, however, folks like Thompson, have played both sides of the field for years, and because he has a chance (so it is said) he's the guy. BS! The guy is a politics as usual monkey.
Pulling together is a joke. It will not happen, until we finally hit bottom, as a country.
When I was a kid, republicans used to call SOME democrats "yellow dog democrats" meaning they would vote for an "ole yellow dog" if it was a democratic one, before they would a republican REGARDLESS of voting records and PAST AFFILLIATIONS.
There are as many "yellow dog republicans" as there are democrats, and that is the simple truth. It's like the Iraq war. IGNORE THE TRUTH, and spout the propaganda, to justify it. JM2CW

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dee;

Yup! There are, to be perfectly candid "yellow dogs" on both sides of the aisle. Up here in the North it appears that the cities are primarily Democrat while the rural areas are Republican ...the suburbs are rather split.
The larger city in my end of the state is Buffalo, and you want to see yellow dog..
Yikes !..Buffalo is dying..about half the size it was in 1950..yes, the suburbs got some ..but most just "left" for better opportunities. The death throes can be laid primarily, to POLITICIANS..the same old family names in politics for generations. The same old gang being re-treaded over and over.
They tax the people to death, treat them like *#@*&^ ..and those people vote them ( or their brother or uncle) back in year after year...

When a new business or a major public works is likely to come into the area..the "special interest " groups keep growsing and fighting for a (free) piece of the action. That huge "Mall of America" that ended up in Minnesota was eyeing the Buffalo/Niagara falls area, until the greedy infighting for "freebies" started..they said "bye bye"..

They need a bridge built across the Niagara R. to Canada, to replace an aging one ..they can't even get together long enough to do a little job that other cities do routinely !

That's what happens when voters turn "yellow dog"...

Here in the rural areas , although there is some of each major party in local governments..to be a registered Republican is a "leg up"..

The state is gradually strangling under ridiculous taxes..and the state politicians keep adding more taxes ...In the end, they will take their lucrative pensions, and their nest eggs (accumulated, who knows how)..pack up and move to some southern... or foreign resort..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts