Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of ruger no 1's in big bore calibers . Can anyone recommend a quality quick detachable mount that can stand the abuse And hold the zero or is that unrealistic? Thank you . Bill

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have you tried using the Ruger supplied rings as QD? I've read of people having excellent success doing just that. The way they are made/milled is consistent with how any QD ring would be attached. The most important aspect, IMHO, would be to torque the attachment screws to the same pressure on installation. A torque adjustable screwdriver, such as some that come in ring attachment kits (with lapping tools) should do the trick when it comes to consistent attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I took the scope off of my #1S to try the iron sights, too blind for them! . When checked after reinstallation of the scope it shot the same. I think there is a Weaver type scope rail available for the #1s, that would allow you to use the QD rings of your choice.
FM

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Had scopes for 40 years. Never wanted to take one off to shoot without it. A good variable should cover about everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts