Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dicks' flier this weekend has the handi ultra varmint with camo synthetic stock and 3x9 scope combo in either .223 or .22-250 for $249. No idea what the scope is, I'm betting not much.

If it was the cinnamon laminate, I'd own one now :)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I'd buy one if the price ever stopped dropping. Started out this year at $400-$25 rebate I believe.

What I did buy at Dick's yesterday was Remington Express Core Lokts in 30-06. $14.48/box - $2.50/box rebate < 60 cents per round plus tax, postage, etc. Local store sold out of Core Lokts in .243, .308 and 30-30. Ton of .270 and 30-06 though.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
You'd be suprised at how well those cheap scopes perform.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Swampman The scope that came with my 308 was a 4X12X40, I put it on a Savage 10FP 223. first thing I noticed was the eye relief was maybe 1".I then bore sighted and started sighting it in, that's when I noticed that up was down and right was left. I think if Remington put a better quality of scope on these package deals,something along lines of what they put on their combo bolt actions you would see alot more of them getting sold!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stopped at Dick's last week, had one 223 left [display model]in the 3 stores in town. Naturally it was in the farthest store. Had a lot of 308 and 243 left. It also has 4-12x40 scope. Was going to put diff. scope on but since it was already mt.and bore sighted decided to give it a shot. Took 4 shots to get it zeroed in. Up and down rt and left were as marked. Eye relief was 2''.nice clear view. Shot 1'' 5 shot group at 50yds with 3 holes in paper. I think it's a keeper. Might leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Scope has no writing of any kind on it. Anyone know who makes the scope for them? thanks Dave

·
Super Moderator
51,488 Posts
The combo scopes are made offshore, they're the same as those that come on Remington combos, Remington won't disclose who makes them, but there are only a few OEMs that make scopes for the various retailer's specs no matter what brand name they're sold under.

Tim

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Most scopes or their components are made in China now. Even those maked USA & Austria.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Mine too and I like it. It's on my 10-22 right now.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I did start out on the lowest setting. Mine sounds like the fluke if other people are not having problems with them. I still like the Nikon prostaff on my 308.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.