Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
Hey Ironglow, if you remeber, we didnt have unions back in the 20, and 30, and look where that got the working man. No benefits, and low wages, that he couldnt raise a family on. Up here in Bartlesvile Okla, there is the museuem of Frank Phillips, (oil typcoon, of the 20, 30 and 40, now deceased). That has several checks, totallying 421 million dollars written to him in one day :eek: . That was back in the depression :eek: .
People (the workers of the same period) when they had a job, made $1.00 per day.
Remember the old saying (the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer). Well thats what happenes when you dont have a union .

There is an excellent movie coming out, or I should say is already out called the Cinderalla man, true story about a struggling boxer in the depression. The back ground of the movie should open your eyes as to what it would be like without any unions.

God Bless the unions.

bullet maker

Afl-Cio 1289

· Registered
972 Posts
Hey Ironglow :D

More and more of the companies, are like what Big Medicine, describled not what you described. What you were describing is far and few inbetween. We have already gone back to the depression era type mentallity, and our grandkids, are having to pay for it, when they reach the job market age. I for one dont want my grandson to have to work like Big Medicine does. Do you want you grandchildren to have to? I think not.

As far as the companies that go overseas? We dont need to give them a tax break like they are getting now, they are no better than Jane Fonda, in my books, and should be teated as criminals.

thats my :money: worth.

bullet maker :D

· Registered
972 Posts
Hey Ironglow, :D

But I do whole heartily agree with you on the teachers, union. I agree with you about them teaching our kids to put condoms on cucumbers, :-D :-D . If it wasnt the truth, it would be funny. And I might add that everyone should check to see what your school district is teaching our kids. I have heard that they are making our kids take home books now and read about **** life style :twisted:

bullet maker :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.