Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get a shorter Schnabel type forend for a 20" heavy contour barrel in walnut. Do they make such a thing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Very nice gemihur. If anything the butstock is what I like. Sorry. That butstock is awesome...

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
They are out there you just have to look long and hard I would say contact Ed of Eds contenders he will be your best bet

Deaconllb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Deacon, I'll give him a call next couple of days...

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Did you try House of arms they sponsor the encore classified forum on another web site not GBO I got a custom thumb hole for my G2 from them very nice work I will try and post their contact. Marty at 1-636-359-0104

Deaconllb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's who I got the heavy contour forend from. He said the only one for the heavy. I'm just going to cut 4 inches off of it. It has a square end anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Yes that squared off for end is something else You would think they would put a little effort into making it look better I think with a little sander work I can make it into a beaver tail type that will look a lot better

Deaconllb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the rifle. Took 3 1/2" off the forend. First 2 shots in the same hole at 40 yds. Will be doing the break in over the next several days...
Love the recoil and lower report!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will probably do more with it later. Want to get it running and broke in right now. I have another forend I opened up for a Custom Shop slug barrel that fits well. I may get it pillar bedded, as the slug gun opened up the screw holes after several rounds. Ready to make some holes in paper now...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oldandslow, here's what the factory heavy contour forend looked like before I chopped it. End of barrel is right at the bottom of the pic...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts