Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at several out of these which is the best...

Hornady
RCBS-powder pro
RCBS-micro pro
RCBS-partner
Lyman-LE-1000
LE-500
LE-300

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
digital scales

Don't know which is best, I have a Dillon, it works fine. Many of the brands are probably made by the same vendor to begin with....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Digital reloading scales what one should I

For what it is worth. I got the RCBS powder pro for a present last year.
I reload out in the tool shed and by the time I get it warmed up and ready to go it is not any quicker than my older balance beam scale. It seems that the difference in temperature makes it require a 20-30 minute warm up before it will hold calibration. I really enjoy using it for weighing components such as cases and bullets.
:drink4:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

I just ordered a PACT last Friday. Should be hear soon. They are who makes the RCBS. They are running a special through 1-15-2003, scale (1500 Gr capacity) with a storage case and powder pan for $129 plus free shipping. Seemed to be a good deal from the shopping I did.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

I have the RCBS Powder Pro and I love it. I would never go back to a balance beam. I will say though that I have had no experence with any of the other digital scales to compair them to but the Pact is the same as the RCBS.
BruceP

·
Registered
108 Posts

I just received my D Terminator today and I went down stairs and set it up and caliibrated it. I weighed some of my fresh cast swc and some powder loads and checked against the beam scale right on the money except 10 times faster. Why did I wait so long to get this. I love it. And there was zero warm up time. Like all the Dillon products I have gotten so far GREAT. Boon

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts

I have the PACT BBK II and am happy. And the readout is big enough that I can see it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Best is a difficult thing to define...

Hi PJ:

I have a Lyman 1000 and, like all the others, I'm satisfied with it. I have found that for weighing powder charges I prefer my old Redding No. 1 oil-damped (the way it should be!) scale. The digital is great for weighing cases or even setting up my powder measure, but tends to be way too sensitive in the "tenths" reading for weighing charges. I'm old-fashioned and don't like it flicking back and forth when the weight is right on the line. But the 1000 is accurate, zeroes well, and calibrates easily. Happy loading ...

ReedG

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts

My vote is for the Dillon. Can't beat their service!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

Got the Dillon also. Have the AC adapter so I don't have to store batteries in it and have them leak.

Didn't realize how much I would use it until I got it. It is very worthwhile no matter which you get.

·
Registered
32 Posts
electronic scales

I debated this subject for almost a year before i bought one.

I ended up with a Pact BBk with the ac cord. $89.00 from Midway. I did have a problem with it. It would not settle down to zero. I sent it back to Pact. It took 5 weeks but they replaced the entire inside under warranty.

I would still buy the same one again.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Looks like the Dillon WINS the vote :toast:
Thanks guys :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts