Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Thinking of buying the Dillon 550B and am just wondering if anyone here has one and what you all think of it. Any problems I should be aware of?

:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
I've loaded thousands of rounds of ammunition on my Dillon. It will change calibers in minutes. I bought more powder slides and when set for a load I use often, I mark it with a felt tip pen with the load. This way, when I change calibers or loads I don't have to go through the hassle of resetting that single slide. I still recheck with the scale when I start up. I did find that if you have more than one powder measure assembly, they don't match well enough to use interchangably, as to the bell, so I marked them as to what calibers they have been matched with. ANYTHING that breaks will be replaced free forever. Assistance with problems always attended to by phone. I have friends who have two Dillons, one set up for large primers and one for small, making it even faster to change calibers in that direction.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I love mine. I have had to replace spring in my primer seating unit ans that wasa it (They say they wear out in 10,000 rounds. It is not perfect as I don't like the way the powder setting adjustment is. You just turn a screw with no settings. But I do have a trick. You measure a powdere setting with you caliper and write it down. The next time you need that powder setting you set the caliper and get close.

Other wise a great unit

Hcliff

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I wasn't sure about whether a progressive press would give me much of an advantage but I liked the idea. So I went to a Dillon dealer who gave me a demo and I was sold on the spot. I got one and I think its the best thing that's happened to me for reloading large amounts of target ammo.

I recommend getting the spare parts kit and the cleaning kit too. Very nice to have.

If you shoot a lot of ammo in a particular caliber, it's great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts