Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
24,482 Posts
Wow, and that place is in good condition. Wish I knew how to read that stuff. I'm sure it takes a long time to learn. They almost look like they read like a story book with only pictures.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, and that place is in good condition. Wish I knew how to read that stuff. I'm sure it takes a long time to learn. They almost look like they read like a story book with only pictures.

And all done with torch or lamp light. I'd love to see something like that. CHARLIE.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
24,482 Posts
Never heard of that.
charlie
They would bounce light off of a series of highly polished convex metal reflectors into the tomb.
But I don't think they started doing that until they started using the valley of the Kings.
During the New Kingdom, 1539-1075 BC. That's where most of the mirrors have been found.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They would bounce light off of a series of highly polished convex metal reflectors into the tomb.
But I don't think they started doing that until they started using the valley of the Kings.
During the New Kingdom, 1539-1075 BC. That's where most of the mirrors have been found.

DAVID. Thanks, I can't see how that could possibly work since corridors go different directions. CHARLIE. :tango_face_surprise

·
24,482 Posts
Not used for illumination though - no light bulbs around back then.

Of course not lol. It only shows that they were aware of how to make them. But so did the Greeks and
Romans. Silk was an expensive and rare commodity. But the romans knew if a glass rod was rubbed in
silk it produced static. Not that they ever did anything with it,other than entertainin themselves.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I know that and you know that, but the article that you posted link for was called "Tomb Lighting" and describes the Baghdad battery. The article doesn't state the obvious fact that there were no light bulbs around to produce light from the batteries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts