Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What distances do some of you shoot for developing loads? I was out yesterday trying to use a scope on my TC with the 7TCU bbl on it and the best I could do was 2" at 50M. I don't even want to talk about 100M :oops: . I tried three different loads all with about the same group size. I think I have come to the conclusion I can't shoot a pistol with a scope. I used a VX3 3.5X10 that was on my hunting rifle and I can get good 1" or under groups at 100 with it.

I did like that VV N130 not nearly the flash/bang/recoil of the W748 I have been using.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Distance for load developement

If you are getting 2" at 50m off of the bench then you have a load or scope or gun problem. If that was off hand or in the freestyle position then don't give up. This does require some practice. **** if it was easy there wouldn't be any point in it. Bill R

·
Registered
14 Posts
I test at 100 yards until I find a good combination. Then I test at 200 meters on a 1/2 size ram swinger. I use a 24x or 36x rifle scope on my pistols for testing purposes. I also find that a good bag-rest system makes your groups better. I use the Dog-Gone Good pistol bag with great results. I will try and post a picture link here as well. Try copying and pasting the web address into a new window and it should open up. The gun is my Rampro 6.5x222 Rogue

Tom
http://24.124.39.10/uploads/TestBag.jpg
[http://24.124.39.10/uploads/TestBag.jpg ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice group Tom, I think I just have a shooter problem. Like I said the scope is off of my hunting rifle and it works good there. Looking at the pictures of your rest set-up it seems I need to find a better way to rest the gun and work on my technique.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeeow !

Tom,

1) Beautiful Rampro there ! Extremely nice !!

2) There are some REALLY serious craters in that ram :eek: What are you hitting it with ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts