Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,

Was sitting here along the coast in The Republic and was wondering what our 90% humidity does to the powder? Now I don't leave it out just from the container to the reloader and back when done reloading but I bet that if someone were to leave it in the reloader for a spell the powder would be affected by high humidity.

Any experts out there can help me on this one?

Ç (who's sitting inside since it's 96* right now at 4 pm) R

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Been wondering the same thing myself. We have been having over 90% here in mid-Michigan. I'd like to reload some 45-70 but I have to use a knife to cut through the humidity in the garage just to get to see the bench! I always wondered if cartridges loaded in the summer in high humidity shot any different than those loaded with the same charge in winter with '0' humidity? Guess I don't have enough patience to test that one out! 44 Man

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parts of CAS I enjoy are the reloading and even the casting. It's not too much fun when, like today, it's 101* and humidity of 60%.

I find I"m staying up later and later to get my chores done--just too hot during the day.

Guess I could take that stock off the mod 99 and get ready to whittle it down later in the day.

ÇR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts