Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Does that mean your also not gonna buy Levi's or shop at Walmart, and a myraid of other places or products? How about your local county clerks office, where you get your car tags, and pay your taxes? Their passin out marriage licenses to queers YA know? And Girl Scout cookies, and Boy Scouts?
How about the Methodist and Catholic Churches? There are so many your already doin business with most likely on a daily basis, and don't even know it, that it's impossible to keep up.
If I dont "special order" those chips I won't get any, but on the other hand, I like Doritos, so I'll most likely keep buyin'em

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Argent11 said:
Scibaer said:
its a silly snack food.. we shouldnt be eating to much of that crap anyhow

I don't eat them, there's just something not right about them. All that crap they put all over them.
I rarely eat them now but they just do not seem to be nearly as tasty as they were a decade or so back so it was easy to quit.

I have tried some other brands on occasion and some of the others are no better, or worse, and some are definitely better.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Bob said:
Argent11 said:
Scibaer said:
its a silly snack food.. we shouldnt be eating to much of that crap anyhow

I don't eat them, there's just something not right about them. All that crap they put all over them.
I rarely eat them now but they just do not seem to be nearly as tasty as they were a decade or so back so it was easy to quit.

I have tried some other brands on occasion and some of the others are no better, or worse, and some are definitely better.

At our grocery store you can buy a big bag of tortilla chips lightly covered in seasoning salt. They are great by themselves or with some Pace Picante. They are home made and they sell out of them as soon as they put them out. None of all that garbage covering a Dorito.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not like I'm going to suddenly boycott them - I'm not supposed to eat junk like that with all the salt anyway so I really can't remember the last time I had Doritos. Just thought it an interesting example of how far companies sometimes go to pander to certain groups for the almighty dollar.

For a treat I'd much rather have plain old tortilla chips and cheese.

BTW I haven't bought anything with the Levi brand for many years. They are an anti-gun, anti-hunting company. Wranglers are cheaper and better anyway!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
At 10 bucks a bag I think I'll pass. Don't mean I won't buy the big Family Sized bag of standard Doritos at Wally-World next time I feel like making Nachos. Ain't no big thing.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i don't buy those overpriced chips.
if i buy chips at all they're the $1.49
local made bag instead of the $3.49
bag of salt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts