Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never did have a bunch of Handis at one time, but usually had 3-4 around. Well, now I am down to only one! A couple of weeks back, I sold my camo stocked .308, and my camo .35 Rem.

Couldn't bear giving up my maxi, so it'll be my Indiana deer rifle this year. It's more than adequate to the task!

·
Registered
226 Posts
My condolences.......Your wife will be proud of you.....

I can quit any time a I want....Yeah, That's the ticket...Any time I want.

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Parson,
Are you planning to attend the GBO shoot? The reason I ask is that it's more than just a shoot, it's also group therapy. Some of us could learn a thing or two from someone who has beat the sickness. ;D

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Its just in remission :eek: :eek: ... there is NO CURE... it WILL BE BACK! ::) :p ;) ;) ;) ;)

CW

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that probably, once the bug bites ya, you've got it! It may (as in my present state) remain dormant for a while, but something will trigger a resurgence!!

I tried to scratch the itch by purchasing a new S&W Shield. We'll see how long that keeps the urge under control! :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Well I don't see me selling mine anytime soon. But if I had to go down to one, that would be a tough choice.

I think I'd keep the .357 mag over all the rest, easy to load, inexpensive, I have 2 molds for that caliber now.
Times would have to be REAL tough before I'd sell though.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"down to only one"

i could likely do to cut back on the
number of firearms i have if
i were honest with myself. :-[

one of my favorite cooperisms:
"if you already have a .22 and a
good 30-06/ .308 , you really do
not need anything else - but don't
tell the merchandisers that! "
col. jeff cooper

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
think how much fun they will have selling them when you're dead

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ghosth said:
Well I don't see me selling mine anytime soon. But if I had to go down to one, that would be a tough choice.

I think I'd keep the .357 mag over all the rest, easy to load, inexpensive, I have 2 molds for that caliber now.
Times would have to be REAL tough before I'd sell though.

Yep. The .357, especially when reamed to maxi, is so flexible that it will cover all of my needs at present. Although, gun purchases are hardly ever about "need".

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
This is horrible. Isn't this like culling your kids. If I had to cull to one it would be my .30-30. We are talking Handi's right? Not culling my Pardners.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I've only got 3 Handi rifles .22 Hornet, .357, and 30-30. I saw a new 45/70 for 218.00 brand new the other day, sure was hard to walk away from that one. I tell myself that I don't need another Handi but when you see a bargain sitting on a dealers rack and you walk away, you keep wanting to go back and buy it.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
boshoot said:
Well I've only got 3 Handi rifles .22 Hornet, .357, and 30-30. I saw a new 45/70 for 218.00 brand new the other day, sure was hard to walk away from that one. I tell myself that I don't need another Handi but when you see a bargain sitting on a dealers rack and you walk away, you keep wanting to go back and buy it.
I know what you mean. My last Handi purchase was 45-70 that I got at Dick's for $179! Made a quick $100 on it. Of course, this doesn't begin to make up for all that I've lost on guns over the years. :(

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I only have a few left......I have givin most of all my handi's away to family members.
all my grandkids have 4 each (16), my step daughter has 2 and my son has prolly 10-12 or so.

I have kept the original "commie", hg-II factory maximum/ hornet combo, 35 whelen and 45/70 trapper.

i'm not counting my "tractor guns" there part of the farm equipment !! 8)

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
I also admit to selling some off that I rarely used. I still have a dozen or so. :)

Matter of fact I'm sitting here in Northern Maine now and my 300 is about ten feet away. :) (A FAVORITE, RIMLESS and ACCURATE Handi. )

CW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts