Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys this trip has been bitter sweet what with my wife fracturing her wrist and the surgery required to fix it. The upside has been my nephew gave me a parker shotgun for my birthday and I've got a line on the drilling I've been wanting. Been looking for several years for the right drilling. Now I think I've found it. Just waiting for the gentelman to tell me the price. ;D

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, it's a kregieoff, 16 double over 7x65R. Has a 22mag insert and a scope in claw mounts. Just waiting for the owner to price it.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out the rifle barrell is 7x57R. I've looked at so many they kind of run together in my head. He did give me a price I like and pictures are on the way.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Doug, The deal has been struck. The drilling is a early 50s Kriegoff, 16ga over 7x57R. Older Hensoldt scope in claw mounts. 22mag insert for the right shotgun barrell. All in very good condition for $2450. What do you think?

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dougk, Don't give up on yours, their is one out there for you too. ;)

I looked for 2-3 years before I found this one. I missed a couple just like you because of indicision. I was in a learning curve and unsure of what I wanted. DM was a big help, but I think I frustrated him some. Maybe he'll forgive me.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well thanks for the spelling leson BBF. ;D guess if I'm going to own one I better learn how to spell it...............

Regards,

·
Premium Member
14,631 Posts
There you go, after all that is a classic rifle from a very old and respected European gun maker so you got to act the part IMO ;D ;D

BTW FYI The word Krieg means War and Hof(f) means yard( front or back) :D

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I made the deal I was aware the seller was going on a out of state hunt. He will be back The 21st I think he said. My check should already be there when he gets back. So probably about a week after he gets home I'll get the gun. I think around the end of the month. ;D Just in time to put under the Christmas tree.

Pictures you say.....I can take them but I'll need the kids to post them. There ariving dec. 20th, unless I can find someone else to help me.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can now report that I'm in posession of my drilling. Picked it up this evening. It;s really nice just what I wanted. In good shape and tight but enough wear that I won't feel bad about using it. ;D Did I say I'm happy with it, because I am.

Yeah Yeah I know pictures. I'll do my best to get some help with that.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK getting set up to load for the rifle barrell. Got 200 norma 7x57R cases on the way. Along with dies & 150gr remington core-lokts.

I'll try this weight first and see if they shoot to the sights. :) Probably start with my favorite rifle powder 4350. But I've got lots of powder & primers on hand.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My components came in yesterday so I just finished loading up 10 rounds with 4350 powder and 150gr remington core-lokts in new norma cases primed with cci LR primers. I took the 7x57 starting load and reduced it 10% to use in the drilling.

If it's not blowing tomorrow I'll try it out. ;D

Regards,

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe I told you my kids would be here this comming week-end and that I couldn't post them myself but would need help. What part of that don't you understand? ::)

Regards, ;D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts