Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start casting my own bullets for my .30-30, but don't have a sizer or a loading press. (Am using a Lee Classic hand-loading kit). How can one size the bullets and attach the gas checks easily?

thanks

alan

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
tn junk,

You will probably need a reloading press. Your most inexpensive route would probably be a Lee push through sizer and an inexpensive Lee press, OR, maybe find a used press? Good-luck...BCB

·
22,727 Posts
like bcb said the first thing you need to invest in is a press. Ive loaded with those lee kits too and its painfully slow. You can buy a lee loading kit for under a hundred bucks with about everything you need to load. If your using lee dippers to load wth and dont have a scale its worth it just for that if you want to experiment with your loads. then buy one of the inexpensive lee sizing kits for your bullets. Im not a big fan of tumble lube but it will get most beginners by just fine and some experienced casters even swear by it. I still use them for some mass produced 38 special plinking loads. If your really strapped for money shoot the bullet without a check tumblelubed and unsized. If they fit in your gun and your using light loads they may work fine as is.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my cheapo Lee press and other stuff in today. The folks at Midway and MidSouth Shooters Supply should really like me now.
Will start playing around this weekend.
I really appreciate everyone helping this un-learned newby learn

alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts