Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Killed this one last week near Grandview, TN. I used a 165 cast bullet right at 1,900 fps. The first shot was in the heart. Had I been in a blind, I would have let him die. But I was on the ground about 40-50 yards away and obeyed the guide's instruction to KEEP SHOOTING.

Weighed 506 lbs. No dogs used

·
Administrator
26,206 Posts
Do you have a "normal" image of you and the hog. Angles like that shot with wide angle lens tend to make it difficult to tell the size perspective. Was the hog put on a scale or was the weight guesstimated?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look at the dip in the forehead structure. That hog looks like he was domestic not too long ago. Hogs that have been feral their whole life rarely have a forehead that dips down.

The bone structure grows different in a feral hog. They develop a flatter longer forehead and snot to support the large amount of aggressive rooting they do to find food. Whereas, a domestic pig does not grow a bone structure to support said activity.

A 506 pound truly feral hog is extremely rare. A 506 pound feral barr hog is mildly possible. A 506 pound pen raised and the released hog is highly possible.

Either way, congrats on the hunt!

Domestic

Feral

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts