Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a follow up to the discussion about contacting Ed in the old forum: Not only did my wife have no problem with e mail contact, but sent out a check for a barrel about two weeks ago, and the new barrel arrived today, with a letter that included contact information. Excellent service. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Heck, I've been a contender owner for a little over a month and only have two barrels! Good thing he sent along a list of current inventory!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I also worked a trade with Ed including a frame purchase thru my FFL dealer. All By email and all in a couple of days. A quick smooth transaction.

It is always the first place I look for Contender Items.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ed's a stand up fellow!

Called him this morning and orderd 2 barrels and a set of dies. Have ordered frames, barrels and complete Encores from him. I gurantee I will do it again. He is a super gentleman to deal with.

Nuff said.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too have nothing to say but good about the service I received from Ed when I traded barrels this summer. The used .44 mag barrel I got from him is a tack driver!

·
Administrator
26,062 Posts
Well unless you pay a lot more to ship barrels than me it'd be hard to tie up that much in shipping. :)

If you buy from Ed and it is new I'm sure he'd be glad to swap you another for it. For sure he would if it was used and he had another. But why? TC will look it over and if it really is defective and shoots no better than that will provide a new one even if you bought it used. You pay shipping to them and they pay return to you. Do you know of any mail order business that pays shipping back to them? I sure don't.

You pays your money and you takes your chances. :-D

GB

·
Registered
173 Posts
ED'S CONTENDERS

I have had only one occasion to deal with ED and I want everyone to know it was a very plesant expierence. Ed "IS THE MAN" :grin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have dealt with Ed to

Nothing but the best to say about him, he is sometimes hard to get in touch with but in the end its well worth it, he seems to give you the best possible price on a trade as well, and hey Im not for knocking that :grin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
three cheers for Ed

:toast: I purchased a used 7-08 bbl from Ed. I am fairly new to the hand cannon game but this thing shoots a three shot, one ragged hole group at fifty yrds. I will definitly buy from Ed again. I emailed ed off and on for a week prior to buying my bbl, he replied to every one. Thanxs again Ed.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
He always replied to me within a day. seems like a first class guy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I was wanting a new blued Contender frame a couple of years ago and I contacted Ed by Email to check his price. It was very fair and he had them so I asked him if I could send him an older 10" 44 mag barrel I did not need and have him discount the frame? He said "of course".

I received my frame about four days after he received my barrel and I was shocked at what I owed. I Emailed him to be sure that was all i owed on the frame and he said yes. I was thrilled and he is always the first place I look for anything Contender related including mounts and optics.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I've purchased one barrel, a foreend, and a scope base from Ed and was very well satisfied with the quality and the price. He's great!! I just wish he could keep his web site updated with his current inventory. In this day and age people want to shop online, not from a newsletter.
Not meant to be a negative comment, just constructive criticism.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have bought and traded several barrels with Ed over the last few years. Including last Thursday night. Got the barrel Monday. One glitch though, he was supposed to send dies also which were not in the box. I am sure he will takecare of that today.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I traded Ed a used 7-30 waters Hunter barrel w/muz tamer and $15 for a regular barrel. I got what I wanted and got rid of a noise-maker . Ed did good for me. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got a 44 Mag barrel from Ed about a year ago. I had some difficulty getting in touch with him. Finally I emailed him and told him I would send my girlfriend to him and she would give him a great big kiss. I got a return message the next day. He didn't have the 44 mag any longer but I did get a quick response.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put money on two g2's at my local gun shop on 2-10-03 I recived the pistol frame early May and the rifle frame in late may one of the few people to get g2's this early I was happy .. BUT he " my local gun shop" had trouble getting the barrels for both well I gave him a year from the date I first put money down and bugged him often but he could not get the barrels in well I hated to do it but I pulled my money. Then I called Ed ,well the money I got back and some money my wife gave me for my birthday I was able to get 4 barrels 2 new and 2 used" ED is A1 all the way"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts