Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new in the box 243 Ultra in... the good news... I love it, beautiful rifle.
The bad news... it's a 2004 ejector barrel and the ejector is about a 16th of an inch too low to catch the bullet case. I have read just about everything on here but the fix seems to still be a bit of a mystery... anyone have a simple solution??

I'm thinking a new ejector spring and possibly either a new longer lift spring ( maybe a coil or two) or longer lift button or a combination of the two... just need to figure out where to get these items.

Thanks for your help / ideas!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
The ejector drops out of the way when you insert a cartridge so the cartridge ends up flush with the barrel. When you close the action the ejector moves in place, and then when you open the action the cartridge ejects if things are working properly. Is that not the situation for you?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will freely admit to never owning an ejector barrel Handi, all of mine were extractors... but I'm having a hard time following the logic here?? What would cause the ejector to rise and fall? I was under the assumption the case rim would have to engage the ejector when the round was placed in the chamber,,, just like the extractor models. When I first got the gun, I placed a spent 243 shell in the gun... the case rim was about 1/16 too high to engage the ejector...against my better judgement, I went ahead and seated the round flush with the chamber and closed the action. It would not eject, and I had to remove the ejector arm altogether to get the shell out. If I'm missing something, someone please let me know???

·
Registered
118 Posts
It might be that a spring was compressed for too long and it stuck that way a little, I know that does happen with some things. I know for a fact that one of the worst things to do for a nerf magazine is to leave it loaded, because the follower spring can get stuck in the compressed position because the metal weakens and bends. Another prime example of metal weakening and bending a spring out of shape: Once I saw, don't remember exactly where as it was years ago, that someone left their pistol in the primed position with a round in the chamber and the firing pin spring got stuck and it didn't return to fire the cartridge, he had to take it apart and replace the spring after he cycled the action, removing the round. He replaced the spring and it worked as well as it did before the incident. This is why I never leave loaded magazines laying around anywhere, because if I need them to work, I don't want the followers to not work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WELLLL... it looks like there is no lifter pin in there... that's probably not helping!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would this also be called an ejector rivet?? If so where can I buy one?? Numrich is sold out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok... the lifter button was in there just out of place. I have ordered brand new springs all the way around and cleaned everything... seems smooth on the inside and the ejector lever seems smooth... hopefully this will solve the issue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts