Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I squeezed the trigger and the bullet went sailin,
The cow elk felt the lightning of the 35 Whelen.
She's a nice cow, realy a dandi
I owe it all to my bad ass Handi

I'm 58 YO with a quad bypass and two bouts with cancer, God has truly blessed me. Here are pic's of my cow elk shot at 2PM on the last day of the season. It took 4 guys 2 hours to get her out in the ice fishing sled. Pictured is my 35 Whelen Handi with Choate stock and Nikon Prostaff with BDC. I shot this cow at 200 yds right through the rear end(the only shot she would give in the trees). My dog "Gunner the wonder dog" trailed her through the fresh snow about 30 min after the shot and found her down in a mess of dead-falls. I'm also blessed to have great friends that all came and helped get her out. Pic's were taken at the taxidermy shop where she will become a full body mount going to a Cabela's store somewhere(my friends taxidermy has a contract with Cabela's). The meat will be shared with all that helped and that smile will remain on my face for a long time to come.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/montanajustice/Myfirstelk.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/montanajustice/ElfwithaHandi35whelen.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
fanner50

A few good friends are hard to beat and ones that help drag elk are priceless , nice work buddy .

stimpy

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Congrats on getting you cow. Looks of her you could have a couple
more good friends. I know I would more friends to get her out.
Marv.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congratulations !! Great story and pictures.

bjm

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
Congrats thanks for sharing. Kurt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ain't life just grand!!!
Jamers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations! Glad somebody here was able to score during the extended season. Hopefully I too can find some "fit friends" to help my daughter & I with a bison next month.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Way to go fanner50,the ol handi did the job.Good friends sure come in handi,er handy too!!

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Ahhhh, yes. Another testimony of the Texas Heart Shot. Good going fella, I'm jealous. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts