Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a encore 209-50 last week, Iam new to muzzle loading, not to sound stupid but how do you reload the encore after a shot(if hunting) the ramrod is shorter than the barrel (if you store it under the barrel ) do you mark the ramrod with the extention on it and put it on every time you load.
:oops: Thanks Tracker

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My ramrod is not shorter than my barrel with powder and a bullet in the barrell. It sticks out about two inches I think. It is shorter than the barrel with no powder or bullet in the barrel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bullseye I havent even shot it yet cant wait to go to the range..

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same problem when i first shot my encore and tried to reload. with the 2 pellets and sabot, the rod sticks out of the barrel only about and inch. so i went and bought a T handle so now i have to screw that in to ram the sabot down all the way. make sure you mark your ramrod, makes life a lot easier. best of luck.

kevin

·
Registered
147 Posts
kjclark7 said:
i had the same problem when i first shot my encore and tried to reload. with the 2 pellets and sabot, the rod sticks out of the barrel only about and inch. so i went and bought a T handle so now i have to screw that in to ram the sabot down all the way. make sure you mark your ramrod, makes life a lot easier. best of luck.

kevin
I just drilled a 1/4" inch deep hole in my bullet starter(in the round wood handle). After starting the bullet with the starter I use the ramrod most of the way then slip the starter over the ramrod end for the last push onto the powder. Works slick without any extra parts to drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts