Graybeard Outdoors banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going through my stuff and thinning it out so I have a few barrels and die sets for sale, Not interested in any LowBall offers or Trades
\

Next 2 are factory T/C rifle barrels made in NH, both are stainless, both were purchased used in the condition pictured, had big ideas but have never fired either one of them so time for a new home.......see Pics

next is a 28" 30-06 Pro Hunter, a few marks, good bore, Talley mount included as pictured.
$225>>>SOLD<<<

I prefer a USPS money order but will accept PayPal and personal check.

Any questions please ask.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That 416 Taylor is a bad Azz barrel! My uncle had a 416 Taylor made in the 70's on a Winchester action, brown precision stock and multi leaf back sites for Africa. He killed a few things there and used it in Alaska for 10 years. I shot about 30 rounds from it. Man, if I hadn't just bought a MGM 460 and a new Glock, I would be all over this.
Great deal.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol, I just joined to check out your 416 Taylor barrel. I love my .416 Rigby, and was considering building a XP-100 416 Taylor......now I saw this!!!! DOH!!! 😎

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That 416 Taylor is a bad Azz barrel! My uncle had a 416 Taylor made in the 70's on a Winchester action, brown precision stock and multi leaf back sites for Africa. He killed a few things there and used it in Alaska for 10 years. I shot about 30 rounds from it. Man, if I hadn't just bought a MGM 460 and a new Glock, I would be all over this.
Great deal.

Mike
Thanks Mike, it is a nice one and if it doesn't sell then maybe I'll get around to trying it out one of these days.

Lol, I just joined to check out your 416 Taylor barrel. I love my .416 Rigby, and was considering building a XP-100 416 Taylor......now I saw this!!!! DOH!!! 😎
The Rigby is another one I had always thought about trying, didn't T/C offer those as a factory chambering for awhile??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you are correct. TC made the .416 Rigby barrels for the Encore for a little while, but now they are rare. I've even looked for a 375 H&H barrel that could be cut down to 15 inches plus a break to no avail.

The Rigby would be my first choice, as I already reload for it. I might have to "throttle it down" from my bolt guns, but I have plenty of bullets and powder.

The Taylor is actually more efficient when it comes to burning powder, as the case is smaller......but I have been looking at alternative sources for 458 Win Mag brass, and it's the dickens to find.

Haus of Arms offers a 458 Win Mag Encore Pistol barrel, but like I noted, the brass supply is almost non-existent, and I still prefer the .416 caliber first, followed by a .375 caliber. My ole "go to" Midway USA is holding out on us.

With me being a complete NEWBIE to TC Handcannons, I might have to just go small and rebarrel my XP-100 to a .338 Win Mag......I already have a bolt from a Model Seven WSM that would be an easy drop in.

My "original plan" was to rechamber the 7mm BR to a 284 Win, and then go ridiculous with an Encore. I even considered a 35 Whelen as I load for that as well.

In closing, that SSK 416 Taylor is really "sexy." Almost too sexy. 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.