Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 year old encore in .35 rem and it was working good and now it won't fire and there is no mark in the primer. I assume the fireing pin is bad ,can i repair this myself ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
With no mark on the primer, I'll bet the firing pin is stuck/frozen/rusted in place. Remove the firing pin bushing assembly from the frame. Soak the assembly in penetrating oil and carefully work the pin to free it. Once free, lubricate the pin, bushing and spring and reassemble.

If this does not work, call T/C at 603.330.5659 and they can provide replacement parts.

I have done this to free a stuck firing pin after many rounds of black powder and a less than stellar cleaning/lube job.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cleaned and lubed and working again. wrong about how old it was ,it's a 1984 with 23 shots through it since new.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Man. I must be getting old. I didn't think TC made an Encore in 1984. It doesn't seem that long ago they started making them.

I guess this may tell you to be more careful how you store your Encore. It must have gotten some moisture or debris in the action to have this happen. Good thing it was such an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Must be a Contender then. Lots of them with .35 Rem barrels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts