·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen Encore barrells in the Lazaroni calibers eg. 721 firebird? :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure about that specific one but I know VVCG does some of the Lazzeroni cals check there site... www.virginvalleyguns.com under barrels they have a caliber listing broken down in Contenders Encores and Bolt guns... hope that helps

·
Registered
332 Posts
Bob, the cost of Lazzeroni ammo is very steep. 90 for a box and 40 for the empty brass. So if you were to go with a Lazz then make it worth your while and go with the full size and not the Short Mags and for that you won't find an Encore barrel for it, **** you can't hardly find a bolt that has long enough action. I am seaching for a broke stock bent barrel #1 to chamber in 782 Warbird. If you want one of his shorts then you still probably have to go with a bolt or #1. They are powerful.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nope CK you are not missing a thing and the difference in fps between a 300WSM and 782 Warbird won't cause any one to miss anything either. It all comes down to this....I had a 7mm Rem Mag and then everyone else started showing up with them so I sold it and bought a 300 Win Mag and pretty soon everyone started showing up with that too so I sold it and bought a 15" 06 Encore and I still haven't met anyone with one. I just want to shoot something different and fast that's why I am also planning a 257 STW.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw that 257 STW and thought really hard about buying it but I figured if Steve at VVC said it was too much pressure for the gun then I should believe him. Now they only go down to a 6.5 STW.

·
Registered
711 Posts
just a thought

RD, The 25 wsm, to the best of my knowlege, would be a wildcat. More and more barrel makers, are finding it is too large of a case head for the Encore. It is almost "proven fact" that short, squat cartridges, give more even velocities, and pressure. A desireable trait among the "bench rest" shooters. If you want a shorter fatter case, you might consider a 25-284, or a 25-6.5 rem-mag. BUT, you are basically looking at 25-06 ballistics, with either of these. Still not a bad compromise, if you want short, and fat. If you really want a 25wsm, you might have to consider a full custom #1, or Hi-wall in a single shot. O. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts