Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the encore safely shoot the buffalo bore ,garret and grizzly 45-70 ammo ? not that i need that level of performance or punishment just curious really . I am going to pick up a Katahdin BBL in either 45-70 or 460 . By the way is it pronounced Ka-Ta- Dinn or CAT- A-DINE i always say it Ka-Ta- Dinn but i just heard a guy at gun shop say it like CAT- A-DINE ? Thanks , Justin

·
Registered
326 Posts
superdown said:
By the way is it pronounced Ka-Ta- Dinn or CAT- A-DINE i always say it Ka-Ta- Dinn but i just heard a guy at gun shop say it like CAT- A-DINE ? Thanks , Justin

Grew up in Maine, and it was always the first of the two pronunciations you gave.

All I can say is ouch! if you want to shoot those type loads with this light-weight rifle...... I prefer to reload to my 'comfort' level/accuracy demands.

Scott (that hurts thinking about it) B

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;D Thanx guys . not that it will help much but i do have the flex tech stocks . almost forgot i also have a lead sled that i will definitely be putting to use and a past recoil pad . between the the flex tech and the past it should get me by for off hand practice. Justin

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have fired lots of 405gr 45/70 full house loads in my Encores without any problems. They are hard on the shooter though. I prefer to shoot my Encores in a pistol configuration over a rifle. Much more pleasant to shoot. KN

·
Registered
689 Posts
KN said:
I have fired lots of 405gr 45/70 full house loads in my Encores without any problems. They are hard on the shooter though. I prefer to shoot my Encores in a pistol configuration over a rifle. Much more pleasant to shoot. KN

KN, do you feel less recoil because your arms absorb the energy instead of your shoulder?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts