Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I bought an Encore frame a few months back and finally got around to ordering a barrel for it. From EABCO I ordered a 15" TC Factory Encore barrel in 30-06 with an EABCO JP Howitzer/Sherman Tank Brake :shock: . Whaddya think? :? Anyone have any experience with a similar set-up. I hope to use the gun on black bear this Fall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tank Brake

Matt, I have a similar setup in an XP100 chambered in a 250 Ackley Improved. You will like it a lot, and do not under any circumstances forget your earplugs!!!!! Russ

·
Registered
267 Posts
Encore with EABCO Muzzle Brake...whaddya th

I had them make me a 250 Sav. AI with the JP brake and the recoil is about like a 22 Hornet. The only problem is I had to send it back 3 times and it still shoots only fair. The first time I sent it back the fit of the forearm was terrible and it would not shoot. The second time it went back it shot the same big groups and the new forearm was putting pressure on the barrel. The third time, they sent it back to VVCG who made the barrel. After 6 weeks I call them, and they said the brake was not square with the bore and that firing the gun had raised a bur on the brake. I called VVCG to find out what was going on and they said EABCO was not the greatest at machine work. EABCO would not refund my money or replace the barrel. They said that they would send me their test targets as proof of accuracy. When I recieved the barrel back they enclosed a note that said the targets had been lost. I have shot the barrel about 400 times and only 5 or 6 are under an inch., most are about 1.25-1.5". I will never deal with them again and wrote it off as a learning experience.
DO NOT SHOOT without hearing protection. It makes your ears feel like their bleeding.

·
Registered
267 Posts

I had them make me a 250 Sav. AI with the JP brake and the recoil is about like a 22 Hornet. The only problem is I had to send it back 3 times and it still shoots only fair. The first time I sent it back the fit of the forearm was terrible and it would not shoot. The second time it went back it shot the same big groups and the new forearm was putting pressure on the barrel. The third time, they sent it back to VVCG who made the barrel. After 6 weeks I call them, and they said the brake was not square with the bore and that firing the gun had raised a bur on the brake. I called VVCG to find out what was going on and they said EABCO was not the greatest at machine work. EABCO would not refund my money or replace the barrel. They said that they would send me their test targets as proof of accuracy. When I recieved the barrel back they enclosed a note that said the targets had been lost. I have shot the barrel about 400 times and only 5 or 6 are under an inch., most are about 1.25-1.5". I will never deal with them again and wrote it off as a learning experience.
DO NOT SHOOT without hearing protection. It makes your ears feel like their bleeding.

·
Registered
500 Posts

I have a Factory 15" '06 without a brake.I would'nt want one on it the '06 is not a big kicker.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I spoke with EABCO today. I'm not doing the JP brake and will instead do the TC factory slimline(?) brake instead.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Matt, I have an -06 with the factory brake, nothing to it. It doesn't jump up at all, all o f the recoil is straight back and not alot of it. IT IS EXTREMELY LOUD!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well now

Well, I was considering one of these brakes from Eabco. Sounds like an effective brake, but poor installation???? Is it really that much more effective than the "standard" brakes? I hope some other folks add some comments here, especially about how well it works when compared to others. I can always go straight to JP Enterprises for it. I was looking to try it on a medium bore contender before I ordered a hugh hitter encore. Might need to rethink the plan.

Tapper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts