Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do know that there are untold versions of "collector" edition M94s. However, I cannot ever remember seeing one quite like this one. It's a M94AE with engraved receiver that also has some gold inlays. On one side there's a whitetail deer and on the other a black bear bayed(?) by a dog. The condition was/is excellent, and the price was great looking at lever guns in today's market.

"Wildlife For Tomorrow" above:
"Sportsmen Supporting Conservation"

If anyone has seen another similar rifle or knows a bit about it's origins, I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks.

And no, I don't have a clue as to why the front sight is backwards...lol.

wm_15183609-2.jpg
wm_15183607-2.jpg

wm_15183608-2.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great looking rifle, good find!

I found this one, pictures posted all over the images search in google.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/941900546/Winchester-M94AE-7-30-Waters-WACA.htm

I found another by doing an image search with one of the pictures, here's what I found
NEW, Winchester 1895 Cody Firearms Museum Limited Edition 100. - Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 888708249
Thanks.

I did manage to find another just like mine that had sold previously on GunsInternational

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I finally got around to picking up the new toy today. What scope set-up for a nice, engraved M94AE? Well, I found a NOS Redfield 1 piece base and chose my last set of Millet engraved rings to hold the Gloss finish Leupold 1-4x20 that I had awaiting a good partner. I think she came together right fine!

thumbnail-169.jpeg thumbnail-167.jpeg thumbnail-168.jpeg

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And, the front sight? Still no idea why it was installed backwards as sold and delivered. But, one screw holding it on the barrel so, a 2 minute "fix". 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts