Graybeard Outdoors banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Beautiful grips Steve...

...and the Sharps Rifle...that is my favorite configuration... What caliber and how long is the barrel...

Bob

·
Registered
97 Posts
Steve:

Both sets are absolutely incredible, way to go! Great work and thanks for posting.
Yes, what caliber is your Sharps?

Squint

·
Registered
115 Posts
RJM and squint,

Thank you very much, I am very pleased with job Chad did on the grips.
The Caliber of the Sharps is 454Casull (this is how it reads on the barrel 454 Calibre) all old Sharps rifles where spelled like this, and Shiloh Sharps continues with the same spelling. The barrel length is 24”. I am probably going to have to shoot the Sharps.
The FACA 25th Anniversary Set will be getting a custom wood case in the very near future. I will post more pictures when I receive it.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
...the Sharps is a .454???? Wow...didn't think they would handle that kind of pressure. Would love to have something like that in .41 Magnum or .414 SumerMag....

Just beautiful...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Really is beautiful, the accents get me thinking about a Holland & Holland type rifle though its not a Briitish action but love and prefer the Sharps action regardless and its perfect with dressed up (or not) FA single actions, perhaps some dark scroll work on an FA later as well. Bet 41s would be very accurate too.

Like keeping PSI moderate myself, in my 454 revolvers anyway, also in 454 with 24inch bbl .... thinking a 360g GC at barely over 1300fps could be near ideal here, at least thats what might would try first for my needs. Might look for some long nose bullets at some point too if chamber allows. On paper or in theory the above CPB bullet that have on-hand balances out nicely over here at that velocity but chrony and actual dims are best of course. Have some old Pennys bullets that are some of favorites, that would look at too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Really is beautiful, the accents get me thinking about a Holland & Holland type rifle though its not a Briitish action but love and prefer the Sharps action regardless and its perfect with dressed up (or not) FA single actions, perhaps some dark scroll work on an FA later as well. Bet 41s would be very accurate too.

Like keeping PSI moderate myself, in my 454 revolvers anyway, also in 454 with 24inch bbl .... thinking a 360g GC at barely over 1300fps could be near ideal here, at least thats what might would try first for my needs. Might look for some long nose bullets at some point too if chamber allows. On paper or in theory the above CPB bullet that have on-hand balances out nicely over here at that velocity but chrony and actual dims are best of course. Have some old Pennys bullets that are some of favorites, that would look at too.
Squint,
that’s the weight bullet I shoot in all my Freedom revolvers. I got hooked on them way back when lead cast performance was in Riverton Wyoming way before selling to the Grizzl.

steve

221 - 226 of 226 Posts