Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to get one of these ebony pistol grips from treebone carving untill i saw the price of them,so i have carved my own it turned out quite good it is in my oven at the moment being treated with epoxy resin i carved it from some wood from java like a cream color but have stained it a very dark brown almost black to look like ebony i will post a pic of mine when finished i think $80 is a bit much for the one from treebone carving as he would do them on a pentograph router machine probebly a dozen at a time.these picks of treebones will give you an idea.
Bernie :)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Re: fancy pistol grip for buffalo classic

I wish I had that stock!

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts

Be sure and post some pictures. I'd like to see how they look. ;D

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts

That's pretty neat! Gives me some ideas! ;D

·
Registered
12,292 Posts

Another idea is the 1873 Springfield (trapdoor) Officers Model pistol grip (available from Buffalo Arms), It appears to be walnut, checkered and finished. The concave mounting area can be easily worked to fit a number of straight wrist rifles.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
buffalo classic pistolgrip finished

well nearly finished just have to let the epoxy enamel harden up so i can wet and dry it with 4000 grit to take the shine back to a nice saten finish and it will be all done,it sure does feel nice when i have the rifle up to my shoulder.
Bernie :)

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Looks real nice. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
WOW! That is slicker then owl crap on ice cream! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
That's slick like Richard said. Always like it when somebody comes up with something new and fine to make their shooters personal.

You got me eyeing my BC carbine stock right now, thinking about what fancy wood scraps I got in the garage.

Be well...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
VERY nice! I just hope I can make the wood look good on mine when I refinish it and here you are makin new stuff! Lol

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rdlange said:
dodd3... what screws did you use to fasten it to the stock please?

Be well...
i used a wood self taper but did drill a small pilot hole but unfortunately these screws only come in philips head.
bernie :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rotten said:
Now that shines...that truely shines. ;D
Ya got me pondering what one of those would look like on my Huntsman.
Nice work!
RJ
i recon it would look good on the Huntsman.
bernie ;)

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
RJ, you been watching The MOUNTAIN MEN to much! HA HA!!!
Many as stars in the sky, pick me Bill Tyler, pick me!

LONGTOM

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
That's real pretty! Real nice work. 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.