Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few since I was a kid. The great, great, great, great fought for them and I was enamored with the romanticized Confederate soldier chivalrously fighting with inferior equipment against greater numbers to defend the honor of the South. Even flew one on the front porch for a time.

Now this:
"The Confederate battle flag has all too often been co-opted by violent extremist and racist groups whose divisive beliefs have no place in our Corps," the Marines said in a statement

"The order is meant to ensure unit cohesion, preserve good order and discipline, and uphold the Navy’s core values of honor, courage and commitment,"

NASCAR- "runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and industry."

Well, if they can evolve so can I

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've had a few since I was a kid. The great, great, great, great fought for them and I was enamored with the romanticized Confederate soldier chivalrously fighting with inferior equipment against greater numbers to defend the honor of the South. Even flew one on the front porch for a time.

Now this:
"The Confederate battle flag has all too often been co-opted by violent extremist and racist groups whose divisive beliefs have no place in our Corps," the Marines said in a statement

"The order is meant to ensure unit cohesion, preserve good order and discipline, and uphold the Navy’s core values of honor, courage and commitment,"

NASCAR- "runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and industry."

Well, if they can evolve so can I

NASCAR still racing, After the last guy in the White House the Navy has to work on those core Values especially Honor and Courage. Remember the guys in the Gulf with their hands up.

·
24,482 Posts
That flag will never die, it's been around even before the Civil War when it was an ensign. There is one still on display at the Maritime museum, with an explanation of what it was and was originally used for. It was called the Southern Cross. Named after the constellation. Back then the 13 stars stood for the 13 original American colonies, states.

Lee chose it to be the battle flag for the Army of Northern Virginia , because there were also 13 confederate states. It's all explained in that museum.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Other than being on the roof of the General Lee is has little to no meaning to me. The south was on the wrong and loosing side, so....

·
24,482 Posts
Other than being on the roof of the General Lee is has little to no meaning to me. The south was on the wrong and loosing side, so....
Well, it's still the original Southern Cross and has a historical meaning. It was even flown on Northern ships
before the war. It was flown when entering and anchoring in a harbor along with the other ensigns.
The Stars and Stripes ( Betsy Ross) made represented the entire 13 colonies (country). If Lee and the South hadn't adopted it there wouldnt be any discussions about it.

·
24,482 Posts
All this fuss over an old flag. Yet they can fly a Mexican flag and no mention of what old Mexico did to the Western Native Americans .
Before the white man had barely shown up. They still talk about it and I've seen the hate they have towards Mexico.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
All this fuss over an old flag. Yet they can fly a Mexican flag and no mention of what old Mexico did to the Western Native Americans .
Before the white man had barely shown up. They still talk about it and I've seen the hate they have towards Mexico.
well said...even yet, today, we see the Mexican flag being flown at public schools.

i believe there is so much ignorance and bias that many do NOT understand Mexico ceded territories (the treaty of 1848 guadalupe hidalgo) as a result of the Mexican American war, they believe it's still Mexico...:tango_face_plain:

IMO, IN TODAYS CONTEXT, the confederate flag being flown identifies one as being "A southerner" just as one would identify ones self as being a "New Yorker"...

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Ignorance is bliss... and the Native Americans don't have the numbers nor are they putting up a fight about it.

·
24,482 Posts
well said...even yet, today, we see the Mexican flag being flown at public schools.

i believe there is so much ignorance and bias that many do NOT understand Mexico ceded territories (the treaty of 1848 guadalupe hidalgo) as a result of the Mexican American war, they believe it's still Mexico...:tango_face_plain:

IMO, IN TODAYS CONTEXT, the confederate flag being flown identifies one as being "A southerner" just as one would identify ones self as being a "New Yorker"...
I use the term Southern Cross, to avoid any libtard conflict. We here know what it means, but most so called
highly educated liberals haven't a clue. If you tell them their heads might explode lol. We wouldn't want that
would we lol. Especially when they go look it's history up.

I told one , so your afraid and hate a constellation? Which even the ancient Greeks knew about and discovered.
Did Alians from that constellation come here and make slaves out of us? She stormed away from me.
A few states still use it on their state flag, they just remove the stars and change the colours .

·
23,845 Posts
Ignorance is bliss... and the Native Americans don't have the numbers nor are they putting up a fight about it.
While claiming Texas, Mexico had not the stomach, nor the nerve to take on the Comanche.

Because of the Comanche, and the Apache, Mexico was able to settle less than 3,000 settlers in Texas in some 400 years of claiming it.

The Mexican government made a deal with a white boy (Stephen F. Austin) and he had 35,000 settlers in less than 4 years.

All Mexico did, was tax the he!l out of'em. No protection from the Comanches, or the Apaches.

·
24,482 Posts
I'm defending the flag, and if the South wants to use it then let them. Good grief liberals it's only a nautical ensign. Your making a big deal out of nothing. Ive still seen sail boats using it. You want to go after the old south confederacyduring the civil war, look at the Bonnie blue. Your already taking down their monuments
and statues.

But leave them the Southern Cross, you have its meaning completely wrong. I don't see any Bonnie blue on
NASCAR. But do you know, that the USS Constitution once flew that flag. Do we now burn down that
ship to satisfy the commie left?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Fascism will come to America wrapped in a BLM flag, wearing a LGBT patch and under the name of liberalism .

.TM77

·
Registered
367 Posts
Throughout history the book burners have always considered themselves as “enlightened”. Clearly they still suffer from that delusion.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Along with the flag they are slowly erasing their own history, if they keep it up, soon they will have no reason to complain.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Along with the flag they are slowly erasing their own history, if they keep it up, soon they will have no reason to complain.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right”.

George Orwell, 1984

·
Registered
313 Posts
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right”.

George Orwell, 1984
Great Post!! We are watching It Happen...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts