Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
22,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife made me back straps on the grill, shirmp scampi and fried potatoes and onions.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
That’s about the perfect meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Yesterday I had grilled cow, grilled sweet corn, and baked potato. I didn't lift a finger except to eat. Our son did the grilling and my wife stuck the potatoes in the microwave. Last night our grand daughter prepared supper. Beef or chicken tacos, take your choice or both and a version of spanish rice I had never had before. Again all I did was eat. A plus was everyone in our family of four generations wished me a happy father's day and it truly was. I don't know how many more I will have but this one will be hard to beat.

·
22,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good food and family is hard to beat.
Yesterday I had grilled cow, grilled sweet corn, and baked potato. I didn't lift a finger except to eat. Our son did the grilling and my wife stuck the potatoes in the microwave. Last night our grand daughter prepared supper. Beef or chicken tacos, take your choice or both and a version of spanish rice I had never had before. Again all I did was eat. A plus was everyone in our family of four generations wished me a happy father's day and it truly was. I don't know how many more I will have but this one will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Dad is long gone but he always had a family/friends cookout for the Water Carnival which moved the date to Father's Day some years ago, so I have kept it going.
Last year was Oven Fried Chicken in heavy cream but this year back to the norm of grilled steak.
I cooked a sixteen steaks, mostly T-bone and Porterhouse but a few others that came as a bundle from the fancy steak sellers I bought "sale" items from .
We also had potato salad, baked beans, rhubarb cake, chicken salad and beer.

I always use real wood for the fire and I was surprised how quickly the wood turned to coal, as some pieces were two inches thick, and learned best to get two grills going.
Only problem with real wood is the time from good cooking heat to just warm does not take long when cooking ten or more steaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts