Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I have one in 6" with the silhouette front sight. It has 4 adjustable positions that allow you to change range quickly. I am going to use it for hunting if I can get better with it at the club running deer shoot.
But long story short. I use the 158 gr JSP from American Eagle.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[/color]MY FAVORITE RE-LOADS are all lead swc 158 gr . cast as hard as i can get them and then with an appropriate dose of 2400 , 110, or such . then amount of power varies with the intended use . this is much easier on the pocket book and you get exactly what you want . ask some of your older hunting/shooting buddies . re-loading is not hard and excellent ammo can be produced if you follow the rules . if you work on your car you know that things must be done properly to work . re-loading is the same . i think that i can ( after all these years) do as well and better than most factory stuff .
ELMER KEITH is the man i try to follow .
dscp

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
since you asked about factory loads....

....for shooting bowling pins and targets, Remington 125 gr. SJHP cause they're cheap at the local wal-mart......$36 for a box of 100. I also shoot the Blazers 158gr. SJHP when I can find them cause they're even cheaper. For hunting whitetails I prefer either Winchester 158gr. SJSP or Federal Fusion 158grn's. All shoot well out of my 686 6''.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello
My Favorite reload is 15.0 grains of IMR-2400 over a 158 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point bullet using a CCI Primer and a heavy crimp. This is no wimpy load so work up to it slow starting out at 14.0 Grains. Regards, Hammerdown

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try the 125gr remington UMC soft point ammo. Very accurate hard hitting and right on with the 1450fps advertised for this round. And pretty cheap at 21 to 22 in change at wally world.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
My standard load for more than 30 years was a 158gr semi wadcutter GC(358156) on top of 15 grains of 2400. I have since 2006 been using the Buffalo Bore heavy 357's 180 gr fngc.That is a scary load in a 357,scary but darned effective Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts