Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share some pics of your favorites,mine is a Remington 700 Bdl ssDm 7 Mag I ordered from the Rem custom shop and have been using as my all around big game hunting rifle for about 4 years now.the reciever was engraved by Rem and I had the stock and bipod powder coated in a tan prarie style camo color,I love having the detachable magazine,makes it real easy to switch loads in the gun I always carry on mag full of accubonds so i dont waste my partitions on coyotes and badgers!!lolHere is a pic of the rifle with a few of my "pets".

·
Registered
641 Posts
My favorite tried and true hunting rifle would be my Browning A-Bolt 30.06 Stainless Stalker. Taken a few deer for me in not the best conditions. My new favorite is my Kimber 84 M Montana, here is a pic with a couple of my pets (Sorry, HAD TO DO IT!! :-D)

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I have so many favorite guns I could not pick one. Kind of like asking which one of my kids I like the best. :-D :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's new and I haven't actually hunted with it yet, but mine is a Remington Mountain LSS in 7MM-08 which wears a Burris 3-9X40 with Ballistic Plex Reticle.

firstshot
--------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

·
Registered
322 Posts
My favorite rifle I own is a Steyr Mannlicher MIII Professional .270. My favorite rifle to hunt with is Tikka Whitetail 7mag.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Mine was a Remington BDL 270 for years......now......close Winchester Super Shadow 270 WSM or my Ruger 77 260 Remington. And my Stevens 200 25-06 and 7MM-08 are real close!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Redhawk1 said:
I have so many favorite guns I could not pick one. Kind of like asking which one of my kids I like the best. :-D :D
You wouldn't say that if you had kids like mine. Can't sell kids! -D :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
OK, it is between my Sako 375H&H or my Tikka 300 Win Mag. Both topped with Leupold glass. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has to be my remington .270 bdl with a burris 3x9 scope. I do however have a .243 for a back up. Love them both, but have more confidence in the .270

·
Registered
308 Posts
My favorite deer rifle is a Remington 760 in 30-06 that I bought from my Dad several years ago. I love the gun, plus it was Dad's rifle so it means alot to me.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Those photos of the guns don't do a thing for me except MAKE ME JEALOUS!!! :-D

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Redhawk1 said:
I hear that. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although i havnt even hunted with it yet my remington 600 in 308 will be my favorite from now on. It is setup perfect with a burris compact ballistic plex compact 3x9 and has a crisp 2.5 lbs trigger and ahndles like a dream. My new marlin 444P will also see equal field time in the swamps and thinckets in alabama were i hunt this season. I havnt done anything cept scope it with a weaver 1x3 and put a sling on it. I hope to slick up the action and trigger later though. My old 3030 got a new small scope this year, one that fits it better than the ugly 3x9 my dad put on it years ago so it willl se some field time to. My poor ole ruger 77 in 3006 might get a few days in the woods but not many as i have all these new toys to ring out. Sry for winded post.

Good luck in the game fields this year gents,
matt

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Favorite Rifle

For groundhogs my current favorite rifle is my new CZ527 American in .221 Rem Fireball. Easily a 200 yard gun and shoots 0.5MOA or less with 40 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips. Terminal ballistics are great!!

McL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Favorite Rifle

I would have to say my savage 110 caliber 338-06. It hits hard and is easy to shoot. I choose it because it is an unusual caliber. It has accounted for enough deer to make it a go to gun in any situation. I built it to hunt Elk. Someday I will, until then it is our freezer filler.

longwalker

[/table]

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Hi All,

Well it's a very difficult decision to make, but if I had to come down to have just one I am thinking it could be this one :-

The rifle is chambered in 30-30 Winchester and as you can see is a bolt action, made by a Husband & Wife team called Medwell & Perritt it's a one off. I use 125-130 grn spitzers loaded to around 2800fps and it's very effective as the picture shows. Oh the Deer is Fully grown, it's a Muntjac and this was the first Deer shot wiht this rifle. It's accurate as well :-

As this picture shows, 3 shot group 100 yds.

The only drawback is that the stock whilst having very good figure is heavy, the walnut is very dense and the 30-30 would limit it from hunting certain species. However seeing as I am not wealthy enough to start chasing around the globe hunting huge exotics that's not a problem.

·
Registered
400 Posts
For buck hunting, it is still my LH 700 7 mag with lightly shortened Bell & Carlson camo. Many scratches and scars, but very accurate. Sports a newer 3 x 9 Leupold with Pachmayr Decelerator. Light trigger and heavy stock make it very accurate in the field, especially with a rest, with 140 grainers. Got it in 1977 and we have made many trips around Texas together.

pepaw

1 - 20 of 42 Posts