Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear it... What are your favorite turkey calls..

Mine, Quaker Boy pro triple diaphragm call and a Primos classic slate....
Lohman Owl locator and a Primos power crow.

Frog :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well for a Slate call i like the CODY Custom call u can make any sound a turkey makes on it i have one in slate and glass and 4 diff box calls diff brand names they all 4 sound diff too i like the Lynch box and this man i know makes my mouth calls and i am trying to learn to use a wing bone call

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
my go to roberts brothers pot call love this call ;)
i would like to add a marlin watkins box call

·
Registered
225 Posts
My favorite friction calls are TheFreak with frictionite by Primos, the Jackpot with Glass from Primos and for mouth calls I like the Fang from H.S. Strut

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
My favorite for a friction call is the Primos Freak with Crystal. For the mouth calls, I went with Quaker Boy's, The Easy Way Kit that includes an instructional video, and two of the "Foam Fit" double reeds: one Old Boss Hen LITE, and one Easy Double. I like the the video with champion caller Dick Kirby, but I hated the foam fit mouth calls. Fortunately, at the time, I also purchased the Gobblin' Fever 4-Pack which includes a Screamin' Green World Champ, a Pro Triple, an Old Boss Hen & a Jagged Edge. These calls are the green premium latex with the conventional premium cover (no foam). I really like these calls. I'm doing really well with the Old Boss Hen. I know this because the wife tells me that I sound just like the Big Turkey that I've always been. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
primos ol' betsy slate call, its my favorite and cheapest

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
My favorite is an aging Lohman box call, made outta walnut.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My favorite and only call I've used in 7 years is my home-made wing bone call......hasn't failed me yet, has a slightly different sound and pitch. I also don't over call, I've learned WHEN to call as well as HOW to call and when NOT to call. It's like most anything.....takes observation and practice, it's really not rocket science and most anyone can do it, the actual calling doesn't normally need to sound that great...I'm proof of that!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Zacky is on the right track with the Ol Betsy from Primos, and I love my old Quaker Boy box call that I've used for about 15 years now. Hard to beat the H.S. Strut old boss hen for a mouth diaphram...Great topic guys, gets me juiced up for the Longbeards....

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
I have a really old Eddie Salter box call that's my favorite.

·
Registered
118 Posts
By far Howardscustomcalls.com This guy makes an awesome box call Myself and 2 young children 17 year old daughter and 11 yr old son we all bagged our gobblers this past week, if you like a box call, easy for the kids to use, you will like these calls. fireman 108 aka, Rick

·
Registered
169 Posts
Way back when, I met Ben Lee at a show. I ask him, if you could only have 1 call what would you use? With no hesitation the answer was a snuff can. I've never mastered one, but, Ben Lee probably killed more birds than I've ever seen

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have three I rely on above all others. A Primo's "Old Glory" "Frictionite" call, an H.S. Strut Field Champion "Natural" box call and my number one favorite I wouldn't sell at any price, a call given to me by my brother-in-law and the first I ever used... a Lynch's World Champion model no. 102 made in 1958. You couldn't buy one locally and had to order it directly from Lynch. No other box call made comes anywhere close to it's tone! It will call them in when all others fail! :) Two other's I like ar Primo's Jackpot glass call and Quaker Boy's Tripple threat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts