Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a package being sent to my house, and driver left it with a bunch of Illegals on their porch.
Now this is costing me and my customer, and of course the illegals just peek out their window not
answering the door. Like I'm ICE or something. They have their dogs running loose.
I have no doubt the dogs got it and the parts are ruined now.
And try to get Fedex to do anything, ain't gonna happen. Now I have to reorder the parts at my expense.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
That's a bummer. At least UPS honored their mistake and brought me another product. In the mean time the original was found at a vacant home by the son of the deceased resident. When UPS showed up with the replacement, he took it back to the seller.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FedEx did go over there to try and retrieve my package. Of course all they did was peek out the windows and not answer the
door. FedEx is going to pay me back for their mistake. And call the police in this matter.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was only some diesel engine parts. The police think they opened it then found out it was nothing worth anything to them.
And they aren't going to admit they had it and opened it.
Illegals are such good neighbors.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buck460XVR said:
Sounds like FedEx is stepping up to the plate. The neighbors seem to be the worthless bunch.

I've had to call out the Sheriff on them several times over their dogs. They let them run wild and even some
of the local Ranchers have complained about it. They have even been fined over this but it means nothing to them. The Deputy's said there is always the possibility that the dogs got the package and drug it off somewhere.
When they went over there to ask them about it of course they all had seen nothing.
It was only about a hundred dollars worth of parts, but it's the downtime that's killing us.
The law says they are lying, they got it or they know what happened to it. And Buck your right they are horrible
neighbors, I get other people's stuff here all the time and I take it to them. But there's somthing about Illegals they are not like us for some reason, it's like they don't even try to think first.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
that's a shame to read of this, but it happens everywhere these days.
there are folks here that drive around neighborhoods looking for
packages on doorsteps and run up and grab them. I would imagine
most of them are looking for mail-order meds since quite a few are
dispensed that way these days. I've had some shipped that way myself,
but I no longer do because of the possibility of theft. it's on the local
news reports all the time. theft of all kinds (here) is at an all time
high, but since they changed the way crimes are logged and reported
it doesn't reflect the high theft rate :(

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called the shipper and they were really great, they are overnighting me the parts at no cost.
They said they have a department that will take it up with Fedex. They have to do it all the time.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Well, most illegals don't often vote but when they do it's solid Democrat so they serve a political purpose.

I've not found the USPS any less likely to leave unattended packages or at wrong addresses than FedEx or UPS - and the USPS is much the worse to try getting any help from, even with their "insured" shipping; government is NOT your friend.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I guess it depends on where you are, the UPS distribution center here has a woman head honcho. She has hired a bunch of female drivers that won't come down my drive if it rains! I have a long gravel drive. If a guy happens to be on the truck I get my package!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Depends on your driver I think. FedEx and UPS have always been pretty dependable for what I've sent and received. Post Office closed down the main building in Toledo over a year ago, and now gets routed up to a huge Post Office distribution just outside the Detroit airport called Metro Plex. Biggest piece of government screw up I know. I've sent letters and checks that have taken over 10 days to go 100 miles, some just 10-12, and a couple that never made it at all. Just let someone with no common sense and a college education in charge and they'll screw it up some how. gypsyman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts