Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see this article in this month's issue about global warming? They guy that wrote the article is suppose to be a conservationis. I thougt I was reading The National Inquire. Why would they put junk like this in a hunting and fishing magizine. They do it again, I'm going to cancle my subscription, and get a refund. We should write to them and tell them to leave this nonsense out of the magazines, or we will boycott them.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Because the liberal left owns the media.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
victorcharlie said:
Because the liberal left owns the media.
How can they own this magazine? Its the newspapers and TV media they are controlling. I think this magazine is just jumping onto the bandwagon.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
We need to let them know where their reader base stands! Then if they don't get the message, next time cancel.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a notion to tear the article out, ripe it into pieces, and send them along with a note back to Field And Stream telling them lo leave this propaganda out of their magazines. The guy that wrote the article is suppose to be conservationist, not a environmental wacko.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Look for the fine print page and see who owns them. Also "Sports Afield" and "Outdoor Life". Then go see what other magazines are published by the owners.

I did that several years ago, and I've never done more than look at the covers of any of them since. The only magazine I read along those lines is "Fur-Fish-Game". I even dropped Peterson's after they were sold to (IIRC) Hearst.

What I think is going on is that Soros bought some influence and he is putting pressure on Hearst, or whoever publishes the magazine, to support global warming. F&S used to be quiet on gun control or quietly supportive of gun control, anyhow, they were silent in 1994 and in 1968, and that silence came up in, IIRC, talk.politics.guns as saying they were in favor of gun control. That set off a shock wave and I see they now have David Petzal writing for them as "The Gun Nut" (He also has http://www.barking-moonbat.com/ ) but I still have not read any F&S.

Soros has an interesting history. He got his grubstake by helping the Gestapo loot the houses of the Jews shipped off to be gassed, in spite of being Jewish himself. He made a huge pile of money crashing the British pound, and caused an incredible amount of suffering among people on a fixed income doing it. He is now behind many of the stupider anti-Bush groups, like Move On.

You notice the groups that are still doing a presidential campaign against Bush? Those are his groups, trying to make sure he does not get re-elected in 2008, even though he cannot run. (I'm tempted to start making comments about a constitutional change to let him run just so some of them will go nuts and start foaming at the mouth.)

I think Soros is behind the most recent dip in the dollar. He has been trying for years to crash the US dollar so he can make money off it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hold on there for a second, fellas! Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Field and Stream support GW Bush in his first Presidential election??? I do believe they said, "He is one of us."
Many of you folks conceal carry... Why, when the odds of you being victimized is so very low? Well, because you err on the side of caution. So, when something like "Global Warming" comes up, why aren't you erring on the side of caution? ??? I don't know if it is happening or not, and I doubt any of you really know either. ::)

Jim

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Which tact is Field and Stream supporting?......a) man made warming, or b) natural cyclical warming....?

...TM7

·
Registered
533 Posts
TM7, I'd like to know that, myself. Like I said, I don't read the magazine.

(About the 2ndA, well, "Zumbo and Zern".)

Dakota, they may have gotten a wake up call, or they may have just switched on one issue and continue to toe the parent corporate line on the dozen other issues.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I see Global Warming in the same light as Y2K. Who the **** knows, and what does it have to do with helping or hurting fishing and hunting? Did they say not to hunt or fish in the article? Did they say that camping would further Global Warming? So what's the beef. I look at the crap in the National Rifleman, and they (the NRA) is trying to sell me everything from credit cards to insurance, and that damn sure hasn't got anything to do with the 2nd Amendment.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Get guns and ammo mag. I haven't seen it in their since I started getting it 5 years ago.

·
Registered
348 Posts
After you cancel your Field and Stream subscription, sign up for the National Geographic. The November issue has a great article on hunting!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dee said:
I see Global Warming in the same light as Y2K. Who the **** knows, and what does it have to do with helping or hurting fishing and hunting? Did they say not to hunt or fish in the article? Did they say that camping would further Global Warming? So what's the beef. I look at the crap in the National Rifleman, and they (the NRA) is trying to sell me everything from credit cards to insurance, and that damn sure hasn't got anything to do with the 2nd Amendment.
Yes, hunting and fishing is mentioned in the article. I get a lot of that stuff from them to. but I feed it to the shredder.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
crustaceous said:
After you cancel your Field and Stream subscription, sign up for the National Geographic. The November issue has a great article on hunting!
??? What's this world coming to? ???

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't subscribe to Field and Stream so I don't know what take they had. On the subject of Global Warming, I think it is pretty clear that our climate is changing. This is not a new thing as it has always changed and gone through warming and cooling cycles. The causes may or may not be related to human activities and could be a combination of factors.

The sun's output runs in 11 and 88 year cycles. We are at a peak output cycle right now. During the little ice age 400 years ago, the sun's output was at a low level and combined with greater than normal volcanic activity led to 100 years of colder conditions. Just because Al Gore and company are using it to make a power grab does jnot mean climate change is not real. It has always happened man made or not. The right argument should be about the cause of climate change not if it is happening or not.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
azshooter said:
I don't subscribe to Field and Stream so I don't know what take they had. On the subject of Global Warming, I think it is pretty clear that our climate is changing. This is not a new thing as it has always changed and gone through warming and cooling cycles. The causes may or may not be related to human activities and could be a combination of factors.

The sun's output runs in 11 and 88 year cycles. We are at a peak output cycle right now. During the little ice age 400 years ago, the sun's output was at a low level and combined with greater than normal volcanic activity led to 100 years of colder conditions. Just because Al Gore and company are using it to make a power grab does jnot mean climate change is not real. It has always happened man made or not. The right argument should be about the cause of climate change not if it is happening or not.
I agree. I have concerns about the repercussions of dumping all types of pollutants into the atmosphere. It isn't a political issue, it's a matter of caution in an area of scientific uncertainty.

·
Registered
852 Posts
i rarely buy any of those mags. they are all so full of ads there are no stories. even the stories are about selling stuff. i like fur/fish/game, and backwoodsman about the best. sometimes a reloader

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I like to read the reviews on somethings and see whats new. azshooter I agree.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts