Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having ordered my freedom arms back in march, I was kinda starting to get pretty tired from all the waiting. Lets just say, that importing a gun to Denmark, ain't something "you just do". But yesterday it finally arrived.

WOW!! Okay, I held and fired a FA before, but actually forgot how great they are. The symmetry, the finish, the tolerances, the overall size and tightness of the revolver just makes your heart pound faster!! I have no doubt that this will be the coolest, and most precise gun I will ever have the privilege of owning. And I do not hesitate saying: "If the Lord is strapped, he is so with a Freedom Arms Model 83"!!

I won't bore you with pictures, it's a Model 83 premier grade, 4 3/4 inch, .357 mag with micartas.

Just one question: is it okay to shoot un-coated bullets in it? Or should they at least be semi-jacketed???

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
Cast lead is fine but if you're gonna push them to the limit they do at least need a gascheck. If using swaged soft lead keep the velocity low as you should in any gun. Otherwise treat it as you would any other and enjoy.

With that short barrel be very careful to always wear hearing protection and I sure hope your eyes see up close better than mine cuz that's a very short sight radius. My eyes can't see a front sight that close to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wiking,
Glad to see you finally got it.......well worth the wait no matter how long it takes. Please let me know how the loads work out.....I don't think Freedom sends out many model 83's in 357, let alone with a 4 3/4" barrel!!!!! Congrats and enjoy. Regards, Steve

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GB, I'll keep that in mind!

Stevo, Oh yes it was worth the wait. Shoots good too. Can't wait to start reloading, due to the weight of the gun, Magtech .357's feel a bit wimpy. Just have to save up enough dough for the equipment. But I'll let you know first thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend has a 357 and I have a 41. They are the most accurate revolvers I've ever shot. We both shoot silhouettes, and they are the gun to have. They'll handle the heavy loads and with very close tolerances. They love cast bullets! His likes the 180's and mine likes the 235 or 270 Leaadheads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts