Graybeard Outdoors banner

Finally got out this year

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  redleg11b 
#1 ·
I bagged a redhead. It took a while to work myself into a spot for a safe shot on this beast. He was hiding 50' up in a hickory.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, it is a suppressor. I paid Uncle Sam the infringement tax many moons ago for it. I made a green canvas sleeve for it, and that is what you see. They are legal to hunt with in PA for any game animal.

#5 ·
It just keeps things hearing safe. The smack of the bullet on flesh is usually louder than the shot (from my perspective). If there are multiple squirrel in the area, they still usually vanish, but reappear quicker because they are not familiar with the sound. I have yet to be in a position where two or more are close enough together to attempt a quick second shot. The wrap is just to hide the shiny tube.

The most fun I had with it was on an old Mossberg shooting the Aguila 60gr SSS load. I had the peep sight topped out and was ringing a 12" 300 yard gong. The guys beside me at the range quit shooting their ARs for a chance to shoot it. Between the three of us, we hit with the 22 more than they could hit with the AR. The delay between shot and ping, along with the volume difference, was very amusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.