Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past spring I purchased a Marlin-Glenfield 30-30 from a friend, but due to a busy schedule, (overtime, a never-ending honey-do list, and new baby), I hadn't had a chance to get out to the range with it until today. Boy, was I impressed. After re-mounting the scope, that the previous owner had put on wrong, it printed a 4 shot, 1.88" group at 100 yds, with Remington factory ammo. Once I get all of my factory stuff shot, I'll start working up loads for it. I have a few places in mind to try it this upcoming gun season.

MH

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congrats on the new shooter.... I found a Glenfield .30-30 at a pawn shop near here that is in GREAT cosmetic condition... still has the original glenfield 4x32 scope... guy said he'd take $250 for it.... Your report is encouraging. I'd like to see if others are getting similar results....

Good luck this season!

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
My Glenfield Model 30 shoots great. The .170 grain Remingtons will shoot about 1" at 100 yards. They don't have Micro-groove rifling and I think that's a good thing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
DavOh,
I got mine for $250 as well. It is actually a model 30GT, and it came with an older Tasco 4X40 scope. I'm not crazy about Tasco's, but I'll leave it on for now.
Swampman,
That's great shooting! I'll have to give the 170's a try too.

Shoot safe,
MH

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Does the GT have a straight wristed buttstock? If so I'd love to have one of those.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Swampman said:
Does the GT have a straight wristed buttstock? If so I'd love to have one of those.
The straight stock, 2/3 mag 30GT is a great little setup. Nice for walking thru the thick stuff with ;) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts