Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im using a peepsight on miy 357 max. Well the best Ive been able to do is a 4 inch group at 50 yards The front post is just too fat. It covers the whole target. Sooo what I did was I filed a v notch on the top of the front post & epoxied a piece of red fiber optic into the notch. The red dot I see thru the peep is half the width of the post. Shot it today 1 inch groups (average) a couple ragged holes. at 50 yards The best part is It looks like a factory job. ;D ;D ;D

The pics dont show it real well , I used the fiber optic material off from a cobra bow sight pin(real cheap)
I still have to touch up the bluing

What I did was use a very thin cut off wheel On a rotozip & cut a notch in the top of post. Then 2 part epoxy 1/2 inch piece of fiber optic into notch.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ******* firesight.

Not sure But I think this is the coolest gun in the safe right now.

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts

Cool, great idea!! ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I almost put a scope on this. Im glad I didnt .This is just a really fun gun to shoot. Now I may actually hit what Im Aiming at ;)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts

that sounds like just the ticket for me!! Which peep did you put on the back? Can you post or email me a picture of your sight? thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hunterwinco. Its a williams reciever peep. I ll try & post a pic. I dont know if my camera will show the red fiber optic. I ll try

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just for future knowledge.

They do make a peep sight that will mount to a Weaver base.
So you could mount one on just about anything.

Barry

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Tim, Thanks for showing the EABCO base/peep combo. That is a really neat idea. The base will work for the handi's over the chamber area but there will be some drilling and possibly some tapping involved.

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
An Encore barrel is .998", a Handi barrel is 1.1XX", so it wouldn't be a perfect fit, but could be lapped to fitt pretty good, then two holes drilled to finish the job. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
533 Posts
That set up would weigh less than a spare scope, and cost less, too. I wonder if it's worth carrying what's needed to switch over in the rifle stock, under the butt pad? (I always have my Leatherman.)

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Choose a low comb stock and it can be used with a low mounted scope or the peep. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Not sure if this has been said or not but why couldn't you just take peep (smaller the better), Mount it right there at the end of the barrel, then take your scope rail and cut it to fit so that the screw holes line up right again? Maybe that idea has some problems to it but imho they probably wouldn't be too hard to fix.
Hank

1 - 19 of 19 Posts